MBB Practice Facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBB Practice Facility

So, one of the topics Calipari has brought up recently is the practice facility and the state of the facilities. His current media outlet, Kyle Tucker, has an article today which mentions Cal saying the locker room smelled like urine at one point…it’s under a paywall so I can’t read the whole thing.

He goes on to say that he wants a new practice facility on campus and he wants to help with fundraising for the facility.

As with most things, on its face that sounds great but of course there are other implications and messages associated with that sort of commentary and the methods with which it was made.

What do you all think about this?

If they want to be atop the facilities arms race in MBB they need a residence hall upgrade and probably an improved practice facility.

If the locker room smells like urine, that is a player / custodial issue. Gotta aim and flush fellas, shooting 40% at the urinal isn't a winning percentage.
    Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
    He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
    Originally posted by Charlie Munger
    I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Given that people are happier with the UK Football program right now, Cal might be well advised to mind the room.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6E39D052-8A27-4451-8BAD-685715813486.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	293318

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
        If the locker room smells like urine, that is a player / custodial issue. Gotta aim and flush fellas, shooting 40% at the urinal isn't a winning percentage.
        S96 for the win today; this made me LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritof96 View Post
          We would have to be able to read the article, but it mentioned that a circus had been at Rupp and I think his comment was regarding the age of the facility as well as the HVAC.

I think it will be reprinted soon such that we can actually read it.

Comment

He starts speaking about it at ~13:55 --

I'm sorry, I thought it was from an interview with Kyle Tucker. There is an article on The Athletic but fortunately it's available for all to see.

Comment

Cal had to shoot his mouth off and now there's friction between the bb program and the fb program.
              "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                Cal had to shoot his mouth off and now there's friction between the bb program and the fb program.
                Doubt it’ll last beyond this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                  Given that people are happier with the UK Football program right now, Cal might be well advised to mind the room.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6E39D052-8A27-4451-8BAD-685715813486.jpg Views:	0 Size:	241.4 KB ID:	293318
                  He needs to BANISH this language from his mouth forever.

It isn't a zero-sum game, but football pulls more revenue than basketball for the entire program so... SHUT THE FRONT DOOR.
                  Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                  He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                  Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                  I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

Not sure why it was necessary to go there other than sometimes Cal loves listening to himself blather.

It’ll be forgotten in 72 hours if not before.

But I think the point he’s trying to make is that if we want to self-fund we better be a basketball school. Because very few programs can get something like what Cal wants accomplished. The benefactors and money men and politicians better all show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Doubt it’ll last beyond this afternoon.
                      I don't know. Coaches Stoops and Marrow fired a return volley and one of the fb players (Vito Tisdale) lampooned Cal and the bb team.
                      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

I don't know. Coaches Stoops and Marrow fired a return volley and one of the fb players (Vito Tisdale) lampooned Cal and the bb team.
                        Non-issue. The coaches will talk behind close doors and Vito will always be pissed about something because he’s a knucklehead, for lack of a better word.

Comment

Maybe Cal should start winning in the Post Season like Mark Stoops is doing...I hate to see friction between the 2 sports

Comment

Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
                            Maybe Cal should start winning in the Post Season like Mark Stoops is doing...I hate to see friction between the 2 sports
                            He wins in the post-season almost every year. You get to the tournament and win a game, you won in the post-season.

If you’re really trying to compare one of 137 bowl games to the basketball national championship, it might be time to admit that you and a few others made up your mind about Cal a while back and are now ready to pounce at the drop of a hat, substance be damned.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

He wins in the post-season almost every year. You get to the tournament and win a game, you won in the post-season.

If you’re really trying to compare one of 137 bowl games to the basketball national championship, it might be time to admit that you and a few others made up your mind about Cal a while back and are now ready to pounce at the drop of a hat, substance be damned.
                              It was just my opinion.....not ready to pounce from Cal or basketball

and Cal hasn't made the post season since 2019......minus the covid season
                              Last edited by TrueblueCATfan; 08-12-2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

MBB Practice Facility

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X