No announcement yet.

MBB Practice Facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was supposed to benefit the basketball program with additional play against somebody other than themselves. The timing coincided with an opportunity to raise funds to help flood victims.

Cal saw it as an opportunity to parlay his recent good deeds into a chance to show his boss who is boss…even if it meant hurting his coworker Mark Stoops. He’s trying to pull rank.

Comment

Historically, there normally comes a time in great careers when the headaches they cause no longer balance the benefits they bring.
      now, I'm not saying that John Calipari has reached that point.....but it does seem from the outside looking in he is strolling in that direction.

I would imagine a lifetime contract in addition to the millions he has earned contribute to that.

Comment

Is it at all a possibility that this was slightly calculated by Cal and Stoops? Get the buzz going? Give Stoops cannon fodder? Stoops has been trending for 2 straight days on Twitter. Cal/Stoops related threads have been towards the top of r/CollegeBasketball. Players are obviously fired up. I feel sorry for Miami's dline to start the year because our oline is about to be violent from all this.

Comment

Cal was asked about it after the game last night. He took full responsibility and said he and Mark will sit down and talk. He said everything will be fine.
          "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Goofy, but…what would a UK Athletics death match look like?

The two headliners obviously are:

In one corner fighting out of Moon Township, PA, we have a 63 year old Italian American John “Clam Chowda” Calipari .

Strengths: holds grudges/not afraid to hit below the belt, fighting style best described as “GOOOO”, and finally “he knows he’s the best”. He’s confident in his approach

Weaknesses: scant attention span, prone to fighting down to the competition. Recent hip replacement. Conditioning is below average. Prone to early knockouts.

In the other corner proudly hailing from Youngstown, OH, we have 55 year old Mark “Come at me, Bro” Stoops.

Strengths: physical, bruising attack when he’s up close and personal. Not afraid to find what’s working and stick with it until the end. Angry…he takes this personal and wants to show he belongs. Pedigree…other members of the family have won it all, and now it’s Mark’s time.

Weaknesses: hasn’t shown he can beat the best just yet, has had a lot of turnover with his training team throughout his career (although he thinks current is best yet), and we still haven’t seen if he can maintain his edge throughout the entire fight if needed.

It seems appropriate that the judges be from both sides, so up first we have Enes Kanter and Kash Daniel. On standby we have Scott Padgett and Jeff Snedegar

Tom Leach has reluctantly agreed to do the ringside call.

It should be noted that a third contestant tried to gain entry, but when he was notified that he couldn’t wear a polo shirt during the match he politely rescinded his entry form. He asked to remain anonymous.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post

In one corner fighting out of Moon Township, PA, we have a 63 year old Italian American John “Clam Chowda” Calipari .

Strengths: holds grudges/not afraid to hit below the belt, fighting style best described as “GOOOO”, and finally “he knows he’s the best”. He’s confident in his approach

Weaknesses: scant attention span, prone to fighting down to the competition. Recent hip replacement. Conditioning is below average. Prone to early knockouts.

In the other corner proudly hailing from Youngstown, OH, we have 55 year old Mark “Come at me, Bro” Stoops.

Strengths: physical, bruising attack when he’s up close and personal. Not afraid to find what’s working and stick with it until the end. Angry…he takes this personal and wants to show he belongs. Pedigree…other members of the family have won it all, and now it’s Mark’s time.

Weaknesses: hasn’t shown he can beat the best just yet, has had a lot of turnover with his training team throughout his career (although he thinks current is best yet), and we still haven’t seen if he can maintain his edge throughout the entire fight if needed.

It seems appropriate that the judges be from both sides, so up first we have Enes Kanter and Kash Daniel. On standby we have Scott Padgett and Jeff Snedegar

It should be noted that a third contestant tried to gain entry, but when he was notified that he couldn’t wear a polo shirt during the match he politely rescinded his entry form. He asked to remain anonymous.
              Lol!
              "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                Cal was asked about it after the game last night. He took full responsibility and said he and Mark will sit down and talk. He said everything will be fine.
                Exactly.....they are 2 grown adults set an example and move on

Talk it out in Private
                Last edited by TrueblueCATfan; 08-14-2022, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

I’m not disputing that. I am disputing the belief that those comments will lead to long-term detriment to the program.
                  I don't think it's a long-term detriment either. I think it will be a short-term nuisance when our Football coaching staff has to deal with a refreshed version of that old saw.
                  Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
                  He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
                  Originally posted by Charlie Munger
                  I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

As a side note...is there a worse AD in America at PR who is good at their job? Mitch is probably the best AD at UK in a long long long time, and yet he steps on so many rakes and seems to not care at all what fans want.

Side note - another year at Kroger Field without alcohol sales. Another year of people sneaking it into the stands.

Comment

It's fair to say that the Calipari / Barnhart relationship, never in good shape in the greatest of times, is essentially over.

Comment

This deserves a "like," but can we throw in Barnhart and make it a 3-way death match?

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
                          It's fair to say that the Calipari / Barnhart relationship, never in good shape in the greatest of times, is essentially over.
                          Definitely. The door separating those two is being welded shut as we speak…they even had to pause video board work at Commonwealth Stadium to do it.

Don’t let Stoops find out about the last part though.

Comment

fighting style best described as “GOOOO”
                            LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post

This deserves a "like," but can we throw in Barnhart and make it a 3-way death match?
                              Ok, I’ll break my word. Barnhart was the third guy who wished to remain anonymous.

He tore up his entry card because he couldn’t wear that darn polo shirt, buttoned up to the top.

Why? Well, he’s been hiding a Billy Squier chest tattoo for years

Comment

I hope Cal also is advocating for upgrades to the players housing. Hate to say it but the Duke basket ball players housing is much better; we at least need to work on matching that for the athletes.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

MBB Practice Facility

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X