Kentucky vs. Alabama: Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky vs. Alabama: Game Thread

So we come to Kentucky's toughest test of the season today at Alabama.

This is one of those games where Kentucky could literally save its season if it were to find a way to win. Unfortunately it's also the kind of game where if UK gives a Missouri effort, they'll find themselves in a world of pain.

The game is at 1:00 on ESPN.

Unfortunately I have to go with the "world of pain" prediction. Fortunately, I won't have to watch it on TV. Unfortunately it's because I'm shopping for a car for my daughter. Fortunately I have the ESPN app. So unfortunately I'll have to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jody Porter View Post
      Unfortunately I have to go with the "world of pain" prediction. Fortunately, I won't have to watch it on TV. Unfortunately it's because I'm shopping for a car for my daughter. Fortunately I have the ESPN app. So unfortunately I'll have to watch it.
      I remember when she was born. Oof.

My son is in his first year at Bellarmine, daughter is heading toward her driver's license days.

How? Just...how?

Comment

Maybe you two can room together at the rest home.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
          Maybe you two can room together at the rest home.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	313
Size:	364.8 KB
ID:	304449

Comment

I never really noticed the flow of time until my kids were born. All the cliches the old people told me were true. Who knew..

Comment

I measure time by Kentucky basketball teams.

Like I'll think, "Man, that was so long ago that Antwain Barbour was playing for Kentucky." Then I cry.

Comment

I remember those days....My daughters are 37 and 33 now

Comment

We're almost 40 years from the first UK game I actually remember ('84 vs Georgetown). So at that time, 40ish years before would put us before UK ever won a championship.

That's another way I measure time, and yeah it sucks.

​​​​

Comment

The first game I remember paying attention to was probably 1986 against LSU, the game we lost after we'd beaten them twice already in the season.

I'm weird because for me there's a bit of a gap through my high school years where I watched but not really watched-watched in an emotional way. Too many high school sports.

First team I really got deeply, emotionally into was probably the '97 team with Anderson and Mercer.

Comment

What you said except I will be working a kitten adoption fair instead of buying a car.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

I remember when she was born. Oof.

My son is in his first year at Bellarmine, daughter is heading toward her driver's license days.

How? Just...how?
                        Ha! I now have 2 great grandchildren

Comment

I remember that LSU game. Hadn't we beat them three times already that season (twice in reg, once in tourney?)

(This could easily be googled but I prefer finding out this way 😂)

One thing I dread about today is all of the "go get Oats now!" talk we're gonna see on Twitter, etc. Win or lose. I'm not a fan of the guy. But, as is usually the case, I'll deny saying that if he's hired here. I will have always liked the guy. His biggest fan, many will be saying.

Comment

One thing I dread about today is all of the "go get Oats now!" talk we're gonna see on Twitter, etc.
                            Yep.

Sorta reminiscent of the end of Tubby's tenure when "that guy" was John Calipari. I remember UK fans becoming quasi Memphis fans because they coveted Cal so much.

Comment

I must also miss today's game. I'll be at the funeral home for visitation of a dear friend.

Just maybe Will and Jody can rock together at a nice retirement community like where we live. But either way, stop paying attention to anyone who tells you about the golden years, because they're lying.
                              John 3:3

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Kentucky vs. Alabama: Game Thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X