Kentucky Falls to Iowa in NCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky Falls to Iowa in NCAA Tournament

SAN ANTONIO – SEC Player of the Year Rhyne Howard scored 28 points, had eight assists and five rebounds but the fourth-seeded Kentucky women's basketball team lost to fifth-seeded Iowa 86-72 on Tuesday in the second round of the 2021 NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament.

Dre'una Edwards had 16 points and five rebounds for the Cats, while Jazmine Massengill had 10 points, four rebounds and two assists.

Kentucky Falls to Iowa in NCAA Tournament - University of Kentucky Athletics (ukathletics.com)
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

The game wasn't as close as the score indicates. The girls played very poorly. Howard scored most of her points after the outcome had been decided. I don't know why, but the girls didn't play with a lot of intensity the last few games.
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
      The game wasn't as close as the score indicates. The girls played very poorly. Howard scored most of her points after the outcome had been decided. I don't know why, but the girls didn't play with a lot of intensity the last few games.
      I totally agree. The intensity we're used to seeing just wasn't there. Howard hit 3 three's in the last 90 seconds and didn't play hard at any time. I hope Coach Elzy can recruit some size. The freshman from Iowa played to win and like a star.
      John 3:3

Comment

There have been some ugly rumors a couple players tried to hijack the team and Coach was being treated as a substitute teacher. Those kind of things always get circled around after a disappointing end to a talented team. This one seemed to never really click after some promising stretches. Womens team just cant seem to quite get to that next level, even though the talent is getting pretty heralded.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post

The freshman from Iowa played to win and like a star.
          Yep, their star came through, ours didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by 40bill View Post
            There have been some ugly rumors a couple players tried to hijack the team and Coach was being treated as a substitute teacher. Those kind of things always get circled around after a disappointing end to a talented team. This one seemed to never really click after some promising stretches. Womens team just cant seem to quite get to that next level, even though the talent is getting pretty heralded.
            Your post brought an interesting thought to mind, Bill. Throughout the decades no matter who has been the coach, or how bad the teams were, there's been very few times I can remember a UK fb team playing w/o intensity. Perhaps fb players just have a different mentality than those of other sports.

Comment

Why does it seem like this is always the story with UK WBB? They are allegedly good, pick up early wins, get smoked down the stretch amid lockerroom turmoil rumors.

Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
              He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
              Originally posted by Charlie Munger
              I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

This team had talent but IMO no coach.....Mitchell resigning at the beginning of the season was the start

I watched most of the game yesterday and it was embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

Yep, their star came through, ours didn't.
                  Clark- 6 3's and 35 points...I mentioned in the other thread that she is a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
                    This team had talent but IMO no coach.....Mitchell resigning at the beginning of the season was the start

I watched most of the game yesterday and it was embarrassing
                    I don't think Coach Elzy is the problem. This team was recruited by Coach Mitchell and with him not being there could be some of the issues this team is having. When Coach Elzy is able to recruit her players, we may see a difference. At least I hope so.

One thing that bothered me the last few games was Howards, I don't care, look on her face.
                    John 3:3

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Kentucky Falls to Iowa in NCAA Tournament

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X