Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blair Green Sustains Significant Lower-Leg Injury, Expected to Miss 2021-22 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blair Green Sustains Significant Lower-Leg Injury, Expected to Miss 2021-22 Season

LEXINGTON, Ky. – University of Kentucky senior guard Blair Green sustained a significant lower-leg injury during UK's closed scrimmage vs. EKU on Saturday and is expected to miss the 2021-22 season.

"This has been an emotional day for our program. Blair, her teammates and everyone in this program are hurting as we wrap our minds around potentially losing her for the season before it begins," UK head coach Kyra Elzy said. "Blair Green exemplifies what being a Kentucky women's basketball player is all about. Although it appears we have lost her on the court, her leadership off the court will still have an impact on our team this season. We will be here to support her through this and make sure she comes out better on the other side. I ask that Big Blue Nation fills her and her family with love and support right now."

The full details of Green's injury will be confirmed in the coming days and released at that time.

Blair Green Sustains Significant Lower-Leg Injury, Expected to Miss 2021-22 Season - University of Kentucky Athletics (ukathletics.com)
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

So sorry to hear this! Will she be able to return next season?
    John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
      So sorry to hear this! Will she be able to return next season?
      Do you mean because of the injury or something else?
      "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

Do you mean because of the injury or something else?
        She's a Senior I think, so will she have another year because of the injury?

Comment

She has another year of eligibility if she chooses to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
            She has another year of eligibility if she chooses to use it.
            Great. I hope she uses it, 6' guards are scarce.

Comment

This from Mark Story:
              If she wants to use them, Blair Green will have two seasons of eligibility remaining at Kentucky once she returns - a medical redshirt season preserves one year, then the free COVID year available to all in school in 2020-21

Comment

This from Mark Story:
                If she wants to use them, Blair Green will have two seasons of eligibility remaining at Kentucky once she returns - a medical redshirt season preserves one year, then the free COVID year available to all in school in 2020-21
                Interesting.

Comment

This from Mark Story:
                  Good to hear she has option! Hey, if coach finds her as an asset I would use the opportunity to get my graduate degree

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Blair Green Sustains Significant Lower-Leg Injury, Expected to Miss 2021-22 Season

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X