Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2018 - General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

    272 is way too much. You can't play at an elite level carrying that kind of weight.
    Depends on who you talk too, Lebron used to play at 265lbs, listed at 250 now..
    I post in peace!!!

    Comment


    • Shades of Renardo Sydney.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post

        Depends on who you talk too, Lebron used to play at 265lbs, listed at 250 now..
        LeBron is 6'8". His muscles have muscles.

        Video from this weekend of Williamson are not quite LeBron-esque. Guy looked downright portly.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

          LeBron is 6'8". His muscles have muscles.

          Video from this weekend of Williamson are not quite LeBron-esque. Guy looked downright portly.
          I saw a video of him yesterday dunking a basketball and it was insane. Regardless, i agree he needs to shed some weight but my question is, what position does he play in college and in the NBA?
          I post in peace!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post

            I saw a video of him yesterday dunking a basketball and it was insane. Regardless, i agree he needs to shed some weight but my question is, what position does he play in college and in the NBA?
            More and more positions are becoming a thing of the past.

            In the NBA particularly you can't really talk about the positions for some of these guys because they don't really fit into the old model of G-G-F-F-C. All of that has been scrapped.

            In college Williamson is a 3 but I think they'll play him like MKG and try to just get him out in space so he can make plays.

            Comment


            • It would be nice to have Williamson, but we really GO if we can land R.J. Having both tho is gravy... and I agree with whoever said RJ recruiting process resembles Knox-hope you right!
              Last edited by 85 Fly; 10-10-2017, 04:55 PM.

              Comment


              • Needless to say, tomorrow begins one of the most important recruiting weekends of the Calipari era.

                http://www.kentucky.com/sports/colle...178452816.html

                Comment


                • And we tend to forget about Darius Garland, but he's going to be in the house tomorrow.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                    And we tend to forget about Darius Garland, but he's going to be in the house tomorrow.
                    Haven't forgotten about him; just thought from the beginning that it's a two-horse race between Vandy and Duke.

                    I'm guessing he's just coming to see Drake.

                    Comment


                    • Calipari addressing the few scholarship offers Kentucky has given players at media day right now.

                      Says that other schools have been using that to negatively recruit against UK, and that families have started to ask questions about it.

                      This answers why Justus was hired and why they've really expanded their offers for 2019.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

                        More and more positions are becoming a thing of the past.

                        In the NBA particularly you can't really talk about the positions for some of these guys because they don't really fit into the old model of G-G-F-F-C. All of that has been scrapped.

                        In college Williamson is a 3 but I think they'll play him like MKG and try to just get him out in space so he can make plays.
                        Brad Stevens of Boston doesn't even go by positions, he coaches around ball handlers, wings, and bigs...
                        I post in peace!!!

                        Comment


                        • Matt Jones says he's "hearing good things" about this weekend and will have a post up soon.

                          Also, a lot of buzz around that Keldon Johnson might be close to committing.

                          It seems Cal might be pushing to have his class rounded out by Christmas, like last year.

                          Comment


                          • The summation of Jones' recruiting post:

                            Zion Williamson
                            Bol Bol
                            Immanuel Quickley
                            Keldon Johnson
                            Quentin Grimes

                            Still recruiting RJ Barrett, but staff is not as comfortable as they were.

                            That would be an absolutely dynamite class.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
                              The summation of Jones' recruiting post:

                              Zion Williamson
                              Bol Bol
                              Immanuel Quickley
                              Keldon Johnson
                              Quentin Grimes

                              Still recruiting RJ Barrett, but staff is not as comfortable as they were.

                              That would be an absolutely dynamite class.
                              I don't think Grimes comes to UK so I am leaving him out of this question.

                              If it turns out this way, which class would you take?

                              Zion, Bol, Quickley, and Johnson OR Barrett, Reddish, and Jones

                              Comment


                              • ^ Almost dead even IMO.

                                Comment

                                Class of 2018 - General Discussion

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X