No announcement yet.

Class of 2018 - General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Carolina making a push for Zion?

http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...on=gogamecocks

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      South Carolina making a push for Zion?

I saw where South Carolina was taking Bowen who was part of that FBI investigation. I was really surprised by that. I figured he was off limits to anyone in college basketball.
      Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinHall View Post

I saw where South Carolina was taking Bowen who was part of that FBI investigation. I was really surprised by that. I figured he was off limits to anyone in college basketball.
        It surprises me how confident they seem to be that he'll get cleared to play just because they're working diligently on it. Someone at UK should have worked on it for Eric Manuel and Enes Kanter I reckon. Time will tell. But convincing Zion to come there to play with Bowen seems a tough sell.

Comment

South Carolina making a push for Zion?
          A
          This is just so weird. I never dreamed Zion would be anywhere but UK....I'm still not convinced he stays in South Carolina....

He was born to play at UK for Cal. If Clemson is indeed hiring his step-dad, what do you all think of this type of practice? And there are some shady activities going on at SC IMO.

Comment

• Hiring connections to get the kids could be called shady--but its been done forever. UK has done it. Dennis Johnson's dad comes to mind. Just part of the game we don't want to see.

Comment

• Jeff Borzelloā€¸Verified account @jeffborzello 11m11 minutes agoSat down with Zion Williamson earlier today. He said he's down to three or four schools, including Clemson and South Carolina, but he hasn't decided on his destination yet. Announcement on January 20.

Comment

• Borzello went on to say that South Carolina and Clemson were the only two schools Williamson mentioned by name.

Comment

• "Zion Williamson Day" says "get offa my lawn" to this UK fan.

Let's hope we have many returnees.

Comment

• Won't be watching ZW tonight or any night. But this is another huge whiff by Cal.

I id watch Kelton Johnson last night for Oak Hill. Very impressive kid. Glad we got him.

Comment

• Didn't realize we had whiffed yet. Have I missed something?

Comment

• Lets just say it will be a whiff. Better?

Keldon Johnson went for 23 and 11 last night in another win. Kid has a really good inside game. Very strong. Not a great shooter but can handle the ball and very strong. Good pickup by Cal, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
                          Didn't realize we had whiffed yet. Have I missed something?
                          I just think ZW wants to play close to home. I also heard on a Greenville-based sports network that Williamson had really appreciated the interest/concern several local coaches showed him during his recent 7-week injury recovery. Clemson fans appear very confident they will get him to play in the upstate.

Comment

• Unless Williamson is sending out the greatest smoke screen in recruiting history, we've lost him.

Saw an interview yesterday where he went out of his way to mention South Carolina and Clemson. The interviewer had to drag the names of the other schools out of him.

Comment

• And in other UK recruiting news: it looks like the staff was in to watch Moses Brown play yesterday. Brown was quoted after the game as saying he'd have a decision very soon.

Comment

And in other UK recruiting news: it looks like the staff was in to watch Moses Brown play yesterday. Brown was quoted after the game as saying he'd have a decision very soon.
                                He went on to say that UK is pretty much out of the running.

Comment

Class of 2018 - General Discussion

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X