No announcement yet.

Class of 2018 - General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the other day, I was talking to a couple of ul fans (OK so I was cracking jokes about strippers, no moral coaches, and a thief of a ad they have), and they were talking about if UK gets Zion, it is over. Mail the trophy to Lex. and they were talking about it being a very good chance of happening.

Comment

INTERESTING DEVELOPMENT

UK offered 2018 PG Darius Garland....whom Bagley and Reddish have said they'd love to play with.......

So, Quickley and Zion have said they'd love to play together, and are rumored to be leaning heavily UK, especially Quickley, then you have this offer......

Also, Louis King seems more and more like a likely commitment as well....

This is a very intersting recruiting class to follow, because none of them seem to be playing it close to the vest....lots of statements and rumblings on everyone.

Gonna be exciting watching this entire class shake out IMO.

Comment

According to Jeff Borzello, "all signs point to Bagley reclassifying to 2017"....... so, if so where does he go? Duke, USC seems to be getting the most buzz it seems right?

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Got cut.

Writers who were at the tryouts said he had a really rough go of it.
          Question is, did Cal cut him or was it Miller? Was it a committee?

Point is, i hope there is no hard feeling towards Cal on him getting cut from that team...
          I post in peace!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post
            According to Jeff Borzello, "all signs point to Bagley reclassifying to 2017"....... so, if so where does he go? Duke, USC seems to be getting the most buzz it seems right?
            So what i am seeing out of all this is that Duke just had a horrible recruting class by Coach K's standards and now he swoops in and grabs Bagley, saving the season for the Blue Devils???

I hate to say it, but that whole Diallo sopened up a new can of worms for college basketball, coaches, etc., i expect to see more and more start reclassifying. Same thing with Brandon Jennning skipping college a few years ago for Europe, followed byt players like T. Ferguson and E. Mudiay.

Now we go from one and done to reclassify play 20 college games and done...
            I post in peace!!!

Comment

Kids had been reclassifying for a few years before Diallo.

Never heard of a situation like this, however. It seems sort of odd to decide a month before people show up at college campuses to decide that you're just finished with high school.

Hope to goodness USC gets him.

Comment

Kids had been reclassifying for a few years before Diallo.

Never heard of a situation like this, however. It seems sort of odd to decide a month before people show up at college campuses to decide that you're just finished with high school.

Hope to goodness USC gets him.
                Yep, seems a little seedy. He's not coming to UK, and I'm sure USC is on the up and up, with all their basketball tradition and all lol

I'm happy to roll with what we got this year, make a real good run, have several guys come back, and add Quickley, Zion, Bol and/or King, and maybe Reddish, Grimes, or Garland, and maybe another....) and make a real serious run in 2019.

Comment

I think people are putting too much stock in the idea that we're going to have a lot of returnees. What, exactly, has changed at UK during the offseason that makes people think fewer players are going to declare for the draft? Cal's still the coach, the NBA will still attend a UK combine, and our guys will still think they have an above average chance of turning pro, simply because they play at UK.

Diallo, Knox, Richards, possibly Vanderbilt and Washington, and maybe even SGA (if reports of his athleticism are true) will get a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                    I think people are putting too much stock in the idea that we're going to have a lot of returnees. What, exactly, has changed at UK during the offseason that makes people think fewer players are going to declare for the draft? Cal's still the coach, the NBA will still attend a UK combine, and our guys will still think they have an above average chance of turning pro, simply because they play at UK.

Diallo, Knox, Richards, possibly Vanderbilt and Washington, and maybe even SGA (if reports of his athleticism are true) will get a shot.
                    See my post #39....

Comment

Generally at Kentucky not all the players are locks. On average you'll have two definites, one maybe, and then a couple of guys who could go either way. Seems to be the pattern.

What you need to really be able to field a very good team is not a guy who's just a decent player, but a contributor come back. A Terrence Jones/Doron Lamb sort.

It's really hard to do that because if you contribute at Kentucky, you're generally on draft boards. Not sure if Kentucky will have guys like that after this coming season or not as it's WAY too early to say, but there are definitely a couple of guys who don't pass the "look" test as far as one-and-dones go.

Comment

No guarantees just hope. Briscoe, T. Jones, Lamb left after 2 yrs but often if they're back for 2 they're here longer which gives hope on SKJ and Gabriel. Green and Alexander by all reports haven't looked like sure-fire prospects. That alone could be a pretty good start if we bring in the studs we're hoping for. Doubt anyone thinks we'll just lose 1 or 2.

Comment

Nothing you guys are saying is foreign to me. I just think it's too early to assume that we're not going to have a lot of roster turnover after this season.

Comment

If we don't have roster turnover then we're going to have a terrible year. Nobody wants that.

What you need at UK is a colossal recruiting class and then maybe two guys come back who have experience. That's possible.

This is not a great class on the whole and UK didn't get the draft prospects it usually does. Next year, however, it's a different ballgame.

Comment

That said, I have a feeling Kevin Knox is going to be one of the best players in the sport this year. I just hope we have enough to put around him.

Comment

More Jerry Meyer. He says 247 has received "intel" that Bagley may reclassify to be a member of the 2017 class (). Mentions again the possibility of USC, who has become a player all of a sudden with bunch of these kids. Andy Enfield is the new Cuonzo Martin.

Bagley added to this upcoming UK team is something to think about.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Observatio...thers-93033429

Yeah these kids are teaming up...I'm no longer getting my hopes up BUT I do recall saying the SoCal schools or AZ probably have an edge over us, I was just hoping that was just rumor... I'm going to be SICK! Lol MB III is my favorite big man since AD and CAT
                                I can see MB III reclassying, he has nothing else to accomplish at the high school level.
                                I'll be surprised if BolBol comes to UK...

Comment

Class of 2018 - General Discussion

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X