No announcement yet.

Class of 2018 - General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm dubious that a 17-year-old can come in here and make shots unless he's really good.

But you get him for two years unless there's a rule change. If he comes in and gets some experience the pay-off for him should come in the '19-'20 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      I'm dubious that a 17-year-old can come in here and make shots unless he's really good.

But you get him for two years unless there's a rule change. If he comes in and gets some experience the pay-off for him should come in the '19-'20 season.
      But would Cal urge him to reclassify if he thought Maxey weren't ready to play? Or are you saying the move could be all about an investment for the following season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

But would Cal urge him to reclassify if he thought Maxey weren't ready to play?
        This could be the case. He obviously knows way more than I do about the player. I hadn't heard Maxey's name until day before yesterday.

The only other reason he would bring Maxey in right now is if he just knew Quade was leaving.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Will Lavender;n171648]

This could be the case. He obviously knows way more than I do about the player. I hadn't heard Maxey's name until day before yesterday.

The only other reason he would bring Maxey in right now is if he just knew Quade was leaving.[/QUOTE]

And that may be the case. But in response to DVZ's comment, I think Green played enough to show how he can shoot, and when a young man has made shots at UK's level, he doesn't have to prove it like a newcomer would.

John 3:3

Comment

• This whole reclassifying trend that's really been happening over the past 3yrs is amazing to me...I'm curious to know the details on how you just flip the switch in HS to finish your senior year (as a junior) by the end of summer to report to the college campus by fall? Guess I'm old. My Catholic HS (and most of the elite athletes play for a Catholic or private school) was hard enough as is trying to keep Honor Roll status in the grade I was in! I can't imagine cramming another year of work in in a matter of months while playing AAU ball! Lol

Side Note- Maxey is "ok" some folks claim he's fast (they need to pump their breaks he's no Fox or Wall) but I see turnovers at the HS level. He could use another year of maturation and that's ok...IMO there is no rush to move him up/reclass and I'm still on the fence about him being a CAT but who am I to say I felt that way about SGA being "streeky" in HS. Lol
            Last edited by 85 Fly; 04-13-2018, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Cal didn’t meet with Carey today as planned, there was no explanation given as to why.

Comment

• ^^ I like Carey for us but my gutt tells me if things clear up (by 2019) for Miami he may go there (his dad played football at the U), but if he reclasses we may have a shot because eventhough UNC and KU are on his list, they have problems...

Comment

Class of 2018 - General Discussion

Collapse
                Working...
                X