Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class of 2019 - General Discussion

As noted in the 2018 thread, we may kick off the 2019 class tonight as D.J. Jeffries, a four-star forward out of Mississippi, will make his college decision.

He says on social media that he's down to three schools: Kentucky, Alabama, and Mississippi St. The crystal ball has it at 100% Kentucky. But oddly there's been very little heat around him from the UK staff that I've seen.

He'll make his decision at 8:00 Eastern tonight.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/3/11...-decision-date

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    As noted in the 2018 thread, we may kick off the 2019 class tonight as D.J. Jeffries, a four-star forward out of Mississippi, will make his college decision.

He says on social media that he's down to three schools: Kentucky, Alabama, and Mississippi St. The crystal ball has it at 100% Kentucky. But oddly there's been very little heat around him from the UK staff that I've seen.

He'll make his decision at 8:00 Eastern tonight.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/3/11...-decision-date
    They've visited him three or four times recently - twice in the last month, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

They've visited him three or four times recently - twice in the last month, if I'm not mistaken.
      Thanks for letting me know. I had no idea.

And it's interesting. Because IF Cal has kind of changed his recruiting methodology and is starting to try and bring in players who will be here longer, Jeffries seems to fit right into that.

Comment

Jeffries chooses UK! Really nice start to the 2019 class.

Comment

UK it is. Welcome Mr Jeffries

Comment

Now let's hope it sticks and he brings Wiseman with him.
            John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
              Now let's hope it sticks and he brings Wiseman with him.
              I have seen rumors of Tubby being out and Penny being in at Memphis, but I have a hard time believing a somewhat bigger D1 school would give the keys to an AAU coach. I wouldn't mind seeing us try to get Penny on our staff as an assistant if we have an opening. He seems to be a heck of a coach, the kids love him and know him so he would help recruiting, and it would be a great spot for him to get the experience if he wants to be a head coach one day.

I say this because there seems to be some talk (on other boards nothing concrete) that Wiseman could end up at Memphis if Penny goes there to coach.

Comment

^^^ Yup saw the BR alert tweet that Memphis are in talks with Penny, but I agree with you Team I would love for him as an assistant coach he is a great recruiter for HS and his Nike EYBL team.

Comment

Crystal balls are changing to Memphis for wiseman, hope Cal is on top of this. Talk about bad luck if we lose this recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post
                    Crystal balls are changing to Memphis for wiseman, hope Cal is on top of this. Talk about bad luck if we lose this recruit.
                    In my opinion, it doesn't matter if Cal is on top of it. If Memphis hires Hardaway, I don't think we get Wiseman, and may lose Jeffries as well.
                    Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

In my opinion, it doesn't matter if Cal is on top of it. If Memphis hires Hardaway, I don't think we get Wiseman, and may lose Jeffries as well.
                      Jeffries said when he committed on Monday that he doesn’t care about Penny or Memphis, he is a Cal guy through and through. Let’s hope that’s true.
                      Last edited by GOCAT15; 03-18-2018, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post

Jeffries said when he committed on Monday that he doesn’t care about Penny or Memphis, he is a Cal guy through and through. Let’s hope that’s true.
                        I read that as well and, like you, I hope it holds true. I've seen these kids renege so much (mostly in fb) I'm about afraid to trust any of them.
                        Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

I read that as well and, like you, I hope it holds true. I've seen these kids renege so much (mostly in fb) I'm about afraid to trust any of them.
                          Very, very rare for basketball recruits to do that. If they verbally commit they almost always stick barring a coaching change.

Re: Penny and Wiseman, at the very least it may give Wiseman more of a wait-and-see attitude. The family might want to get a look at how Penny does in his first year, which obviously destroys any chance we have of bringing him in next season.

Comment

UK is gaining real traction for Ashton Hagans, who could recalssify to 2018.

Not sure how Quickley would feel about that, but it’d be one heck of a back court.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                              UK is gaining real traction for Ashton Hagans, who could recalssify to 2018.

Not sure how Quickley would feel about that, but it’d be one heck of a back court.
                              Hagans is hoping to be recruited by UK, apparently Cal has yet to really go after him hard from some reason.

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ing/440000002/

Comment

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X