Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Would be awesome.

I believe it's in late April?

As discussed above, I wouldn't recommend the Peach Jam to anyone. Venue is way too small. The only way to do that is to get there on the first day and get a wristband. Anything beyond that makes it so that you're probably going to be standing up, have a terrible view, and have to battle to get in. I talked about this a little above but the way security handled it was a total disaster.
    Yes, I' pretty sure it's mid-late April.

Comment

• Word is that Scottie Lewis may make his pick this week.

Oscar Tshiebwe is also rumored to be close. Have to think Kentucky is in very good shape with him if he makes the call in the near future.

Comment

• ALL KINDS of recruiting stuff out there this week.

The most interesting might be Kentucky jumping back into the Isaiah Stewart mix. Highly interesting turn of events and Kentucky seems to have made up a lot of ground in a very short amount of time.

UK also made the final cut for Jaden McDaniels, who many believe will stay in Washington but who knows.

With Duke laboring to grab their first commit Kentucky has been able to get in with a lot more top 10 players than usual. It's also a whole lot easier to recruit when it's pretty obvious that you're going to lose your entire team after this season.

Comment

• Stewart and Tshiebwe will both be visiting this weekend. Hopefully in time to get a glimpse of the campout for Madness tickets. That should show just what basketball means at UK.

Also made the final list for Keion Brooks. Doubtful UK is the pick though.

Officially offered Jalen Johnson today as well.

Cal is definitely putting forth the effort.

Comment

• A bit of a recruiting update. Evan Daniels still thinks UK leads with Wiseman.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/9/26...isaiah-stewart

Comment

• Zeke Nnaji cut his list to 5 and UK is not a part of it.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/9/30...ns-ua-wildcats

Comment

• Scottie Lewis has committed to UF.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...93724638826497
                Life Comes At You Fast

Comment

• The shooting guard situation just got a lot more murky.

This class is just so big heavy. I'm not sure where Kentucky goes for a game-changing 2 at this point. Have never felt like Cole Anthony is likely.

They may continue to push for R.J. Hampton to reclassify.

Comment

The shooting guard situation just got a lot more murky.

This class is just so big heavy. I'm not sure where Kentucky goes for a game-changing 2 at this point. Have never felt like Cole Anthony is likely.

They may continue to push for R.J. Hampton to reclassify.
                    The list is certainly short.

And I also don't think Anthony happens.

Given that there really didn't seem to be much of a backup plan after Lewis I have to think they feel pretty good about Hampton. Or maybe have good feelings about someone from this year coming back.

Comment

• ^ Quickley is the only one I can sort of see coming back simply because I'm not sure he has the athleticism.

I would've thought Herro, but then we saw him in the Bahamas.

Hagans has that explosiveness and I think his defense will make him attractive. He won't be a lock for the first round but I can see him going simply because I think he's going to be a critical piece on a really good team. Think Marquis Teague.

This is honestly a situation where we might lose literally everyone. For only the second time since Cal's been at UK, the other being 2015, everybody on this roster looks to me like they can play in the NBA at some point or at least make a run at it. And because we're going to win ~35 games they'll all have a shot at the draft.

Last edited by Will Lavender; 10-03-2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• And Kentucky will be in-home today for Aidan Igiehon.

Looks like it's a situation where they're going to take the first commit out of Igiehon and Tshiebwe.

Comment

^ Quickley is the only one I can sort of see coming back simply because I'm not sure he has the athleticism.

I would've thought Herro, but then we saw him in the Bahamas.

Hagans has that explosiveness and I think his defense will make him attractive. He won't be a lock for the first round but I can see him going simply because I think he's going to be a critical piece on a really good team. Think Marquis Teague.

This is honestly a situation where we might lose literally everyone. For only the second time since Cal's been at UK, the other being 2015, everybody on this roster looks to me like they can play in the NBA at some point or at least make a run at it. And because we're going to win ~35 games they'll all have a shot at the draft.

I don't think Green is going anywhere. He is one of those guys who can be a really good college player but won't make it in the NBA.

I have read a lot of good things about Baker but have yet to see him play. I would think he is also back.

Otherwise , yes it's likely to be a mass exit.

Comment

• Originally posted by catfaninin View Post

I don't think Green is going anywhere. He is one of those guys who can be a really good college player but won't make it in the NBA.
                            Oops, forgot Green. (And also Baker TBH but he's such a mystery we don't even know if he'll be able to help UK.)

You're right, Green won't play in the NBA. But I don't expect him back simply because I don't think these guys see any value in staying at UK past two years. It's gotten to the point where it's essentially two years max unless you're Alex Poythress and a scholar. If I had to lay money down, I'd say Green goes on to try and play overseas after this year. Really don't believe he will return.

We know he wants to make money because in those videos UK put out last year he was constantly talking about how he would love to get paid to play. I just don't see staying and earning the degree, particularly when literally everybody else is going to go, will appeal to him at all.

Comment

• Lot of reports that Wiseman is now planning to make his decision before the spring. Can't imagine that being good news for UK. But better Memphis than Kansas.

Plenty of big guys still in play so if it is Memphis it's not a huge deal. Some combination of Carey, Stewart and Tshiebwe would be just fine.

Comment

• Wiseman and Carey now say they plan to decide before the spring. And Carey seems to like the idea of playing with either Stewart or Wiseman.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/10/6...isaiah-stewart

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X