No announcement yet.

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal was out to see Jaden McDaniels last night. T.J. Walker says that Cal wants both McDaniels and Keion Brooks.

Color me skeptical, but that's a long pause with McDaniels. Usually when something like that happens it's hard for teams to swoop back in and grab the player.

Comment

• Really hope this goes well. #1 on my wish list.

Comment

• Isaiah Stewart has cooled on Kentucky, per many folks on Twitter.

Word is his recent visit to Lexington didn't go well. Not sure what the deal is there, but it could be that Stewart wanted a promise UK wouldn't give him.

Really odd recruitment.

Comment

• Aidan Igiehon commits to Louisville.

Chris Mack is killing it.

Comment

• Oscar Tshiebwe picks West Virginia. No real surprise. But Wiseman and/or Carey are becoming more important.

Comment

• Originally posted by catfaninin View Post
              Oscar Tshiebwe picks West Virginia. No real surprise. But Wiseman and/or Carey are becoming more important.
              More important to get and more important to actually get to campus. With the new G League push you don't want to get one or both of these guys and have them take the G League's offer. Vernon Carey is the very sort of player who might take that deal because he'd be one of the few incoming freshmen who'd be physically able to stay with the men in that league.

Kentucky's been in this dicey situation for probably four of the last six recruiting seasons. Sometimes it's worked out (this year), sometimes it's been sort of a hold-your-breath sort of thing (last year; the Jamal Murray year).

Even if Kentucky gets just one of Wiseman and Carey, you'll have to put pieces around them because we'll lose our entire front line. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear a new name on the radar this week that the staff is going out to watch. You might also see a grad transfer thing happen again, but Reid Travis's don't come along every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

More important to get and more important to actually get to campus. With the new G League push you don't want to get one or both of these guys and have them take the G League's offer. Vernon Carey is the very sort of player who might take that deal because he'd be one of the few incoming freshmen who'd be physically able to stay with the men in that league.

Kentucky's been in this dicey situation for probably four of the last six recruiting seasons. Sometimes it's worked out (this year), sometimes it's been sort of a hold-your-breath sort of thing (last year; the Jamal Murray year).

Even if Kentucky gets just one of Wiseman and Carey, you'll have to put pieces around them because we'll lose our entire front line. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't hear a new name on the radar this week that the staff is going out to watch. You might also see a grad transfer thing happen again, but Reid Travis's don't come along every year.
                Great point. This whole G league thing will take some getting used to. Wiseman and Carey will both almost certainly be on the invited list. Will be lots of questions this will bring up. When are the offers made? Will kids commit to college then change their minds if/when they get that offer? Wait to commit hoping for an offer possibly? This will make recruiting much tougher I would imagine.

Comment

• One other thought about the G league. And not one I like. It's likely that Whitney and maybe even Maxey will be among those getting an offer.

Comment

• Cole Anthony has cut his list to 6 and UK is not among them. Never expected him but it is a bit of a shock to be eliminated quite this soon.

Comment

Aidan Igiehon commits to Louisville.

Chris Mack is killing it.
                      @Will-do you know the background as to why we really didn't push hard for the Irish Hulk?
                      You raise good points with the new G league rule. I would like to get at least one Weisman or Carey but with new G league wouldn't be surprised if 1 if not both decide to go that route.
                      2020/2021 college basketball landscape is really going to be interesting.

Comment

• Like the season, our recruiting has hit a skid.

Reports are that Memphis is very close to landing James Wiseman. I've also heart that Matthew Hurt might be leaning toward Memphis, which is sort of a surprising turn of events (if true).

If you're looking for good news, T.J. Walker says Kentucky looks to be in good shape with Jaden McDaniels, who visited last week.

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/main...-signing-week/

Comment

• Should there be any concern that Whitney is not planning on "signing" during the early period? Maxey and Allen are.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post
                            Should there be any concern that Whitney is not planning on "signing" during the early period? Maxey and Allen are.
                            Doesn't sound like it according to TJ Walker:

But don’t panic. He isn’t having second thoughts or thinking of backing off his commitment, but going to school in New Jersey and his family being in Chicago the plan is to wait to sign until a later date.

Comment

• Walker knows a lot more than I do, but I absolutely think there should be concern over Whitney never making it to UK.

One of the most pro-ready guys coming out of high school. He's the exact sort of player the G-League will target and he's one of the few who would be able to do well in that league right out of HS.

Comment

Walker knows a lot more than I do, but I absolutely think there should be concern over Whitney never making it to UK.

One of the most pro-ready guys coming out of high school. He's the exact sort of player the G-League will target and he's one of the few who would be able to do well in that league right out of HS.
                                Even if he signed would that lock him in if he decided to go the G League route? I have no idea.

Comment

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X