Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    From Aaron Kall-

    @GaryParrishCBS says recruitments of D.J. Jeffries and James Wiseman are not over and Penny Hardaway believes he will get them to Memphis

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by UK8STL11 View Post
      From Aaron Kall-

      @GaryParrishCBS says recruitments of D.J. Jeffries and James Wiseman are not over and Penny Hardaway believes he will get them to Memphis
      That Penny called Jeffries the night before he signed with UK doesn't seem to bode that well for Penny's chances to get him to flip.

      Wiseman definitely concerns you. This is a guy who has been as close to a lock to UK as anybody we've brought in since Kidd-Gilchrist. To lose him would be pretty devastating.

      Comment


      • #18
        2019 AAU season is around the corner. Nike Eybl first stop is TX April 20th. Most of the elite players out there are on an EYBL team but this season I'm going to give some attention to Addidas Gaunlet Circuit because there are some good players making their own way in that league. D1 Circuit is a good online resource to keep up with EYBL season along with FloHoops

        I'm not going to get my hopes up about Wiseman now that Penny has a college team...hope to be pleasantly surprised that we land him tho

        Comment


        • #19
          This article should please most of you. Regardless of our chances with Hurt, Cal says he's no longer pursuing players who can't shoot.
          John Calipari met with Matthew Hurt and his family on Friday and there's more evidence supporting Calipari is trying a new strategy.

          Comment


          • #20
            Cal will be in on Saturday to see New Jersey phenoms Bryan Antoine and Scottie Lewis. Coach K in Friday; Jay Wright getting the last visit next week.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
              Cal will be in on Saturday to see New Jersey phenoms Bryan Antoine and Scottie Lewis. Coach K in Friday; Jay Wright getting the last visit next week.
              Has a "package deal" ever come to fruition?

              (Other than the Harrisons. That one was kind of a given.)
              Last edited by Downes Van Zandt; 04-12-2018, 09:07 AM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

                Has a "package deal" ever come to fruition?

                (Other than the Harrisons. That one was kind of a given.)
                I’d say when Duke landed Okafor and Tyus Jones, it was about as close as a package deal as you can get.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Per Rivals Cal is also in to see Vernon Carey today (again). No idea if he's trying to sell him on a reclassification or not.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Do any of you pay for access to a recruiting site? If so, which one? And is it worth it?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                      Per Rivals Cal is also in to see Vernon Carey today (again). No idea if he's trying to sell him on a reclassification or not.
                      If nothing else, I'm liking Cal's effort.

                      Question is, is this week's recruiting tear in keeping with the belief that he wants/needs to alter his strategy? To me, it almost feels like he's trying to get back to the early days when he closed on all the best freshmen.

                      Also - and I'm only half joking here - his new plan might be to get a bunch of 17-year-old phenoms to reclassify each and every season. That way, he gets the stars but also gets a little bit of continuity (since they'd be forced to stay two years).
                      Last edited by Downes Van Zandt; 04-12-2018, 12:30 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        If Cal stands by his statement and begins to focus on better shooters or scorers then we have something here...which goes back to my point: Why do these current players want to move on ? They know the way they played this year was "ok" and that they will not be drafted in first round (two will based on "potential") so why leave? Raise your stock, fight! I don't get it....there is no real money going in the second round and you might not get drafted at all!!! I guess if that happens going overseas and getting that money is better than coming back and showing scouts next season that you've gotten better...wow!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Cal’s visiting Wiseman again on the 16th.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                            If nothing else, I'm liking Cal's effort.
                            No kidding. This is crazy.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post
                              If Cal stands by his statement and begins to focus on better shooters or scorers then we have something here...which goes back to my point: Why do these current players want to move on ? They know the way they played this year was "ok" and that they will not be drafted in first round (two will based on "potential") so why leave? Raise your stock, fight! I don't get it....there is no real money going in the second round and you might not get drafted at all!!! I guess if that happens going overseas and getting that money is better than coming back and showing scouts next season that you've gotten better...wow!
                              Not sure I follow. What does the shooting thing have to do with transfers?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                ^^^ I was referring to what the article claims Cal told Hurt camp...This class coming in has better shooters which is a threat to 17/18 class that they are fleeing (entering draft or transferring) eventhough they know they are no where near ready for the ultimate level..most don't even sniff what scouts state as "you can see his potential". They won't stay and compete (which in turn gets them better) with the incoming class.
                                Last edited by 85 Fly; 04-13-2018, 05:11 PM.

                                Comment

                                 

                                A Word From Our Founder

                                With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

                                Class of 2019 - General Discussion

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X