Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
    Did i read the NCAA is looking to change the grad transfer rule? Of course they will change it if Kentucky uses it and has success.....
    I think the rule refers to a scholarship having to be used for two years if the grad transfer doesn't complete the course work in one year. I am sure someone more knowledgeable than myself will explain it.

Comment

• Kentucky will be in for Matthew Hurt this weekend. One last-ditch effort before he makes his decision next week.

Not a big fan of the last-minute visits, but it shows how badly Cal wants this kid. Usually when we fly in to visit at the very end it's because the player is leaning toward choosing somewhere else.

Though I do remember other schools going in for late visits and then getting the player. Seems like Duke visited Zion multiple times last year before he made his decision.

Comment

• ^ BUT I will say Cal can take this visit armed now with the news of his point guard returning and a lifetime contract, in case there were any doubts on the Hurt family's end that Cal may jump somewhere.

So maybe that will make a difference.

I think the chances of Kentucky landing Hurt are very slim, but if we do get him it would be a monumental piece of next year's puzzle.

Comment

• Hurt is probably looking at the playing time available at each place he is considering as well he should. Fingers crossed Cal can get him.

Comment

• I think Hurt is heading to Duke. KU is a question mark program right now and I don't see how/where he plays at UK with who we have (Sestina, Brooks, Whitney, EJ). I just hope RJ Hampton doesn't then follow him to Duke.

Comment

• Originally posted by justford View Post
              Hurt is probably looking at the playing time available at each place he is considering as well he should. Fingers crossed Cal can get him.
              I'm with Will think its a slim chance (Jones from Duke is already in his ear) but like you I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                ^ BUT I will say Cal can take this visit armed now with the news of his point guard returning and a lifetime contract, in case there were any doubts on the Hurt family's end that Cal may jump somewhere.

So maybe that will make a difference.

I think the chances of Kentucky landing Hurt are very slim, but if we do get him it would be a monumental piece of next year's puzzle.
                Visit was cancelled by the Hurt family (Kansas visit was too) his recruitment is done. Will announce he's committing to duke this week.

Next!

Comment

• Disappointing news on the Hurt visit, particularly because I'm not sure McDaniel is an immediate contributor at this level. Not in love with the way he plays, but admittedly some guys change dramatically under college coaching.

And of course this is assuming Kentucky can get him. I've had a sneaking suspicion that he may be one who takes the G-League's offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                    Disappointing news on the Hurt visit, particularly because I'm not sure McDaniel is an immediate contributor at this level. Not in love with the way he plays, but admittedly some guys change dramatically under college coaching.

And of course this is assuming Kentucky can get him. I've had a sneaking suspicion that he may be one who takes the G-League's offer.
                    Kerry Blackshear has entered the transfer portal. Eligible to play immediately. Would be massive if we could get him. May make us instant title favorite.

6-10 averaged 15 & 8 at VA Tech.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

Kerry Blackshear has entered the transfer portal. Eligible to play immediately. Would be massive if we could get him. May make us instant title favorite.

6-10 averaged 15 & 8 at VA Tech.
                      That would be a huge get.

I do wonder what the chances of him winding up at A&M with Buzz are, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

That would be a huge get.

I do wonder what the chances of him winding up at A&M with Buzz are, though.
                        Not sure why he would go to an average team with no real hope of contending and a place that basketball is second fiddle just because his coach is there. I would hope he wants to go to a contender and even a team that he would make a certain title contender. I hope he wants to win a championship.

Comment

• What a coup if we get Blackshear. His maturity and impressive game stats would overshadow ANY frosh recruit. Get him and we would be Top 3 to begin the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

Not sure why he would go to an average team with no real hope of contending and a place that basketball is second fiddle just because his coach is there. I would hope he wants to go to a contender and even a team that he would make a certain title contender. I hope he wants to win a championship.
                            I have no idea - Kyle Tucker did an interview with his dad that said he wants to go to the place that's going to be the best for him in making him a better player.

I assume that means Cal will need to present him with a plan beyond 'you'd make us among the best teams next year.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

I have no idea - Kyle Tucker did an interview with his dad that said he wants to go to the place that's going to be the best for him in making him a better player.

I assume that means Cal will need to present him with a plan beyond 'you'd make us among the best teams next year.'
                              I would just give him a list of the big men that Cal has put in the nba the last 10 yrs and walk out of the room.

Comment

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X