No announcement yet.

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daniels now following Uk bball page and players, Hagans changing his number, it's happening folks!#
    I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

• I just saw, on Twitter, that Evan Daniels has changed his prediction to undecided.
      Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Comment

• Seems like Daniels thinks that Washington may have got in and made a good last pitch.

Washington is traditionally good with keeping players from out there home, and they're building a solid program right now. So it wouldn't surprise me if McDaniels stays home.

It's also being said on Rivals that he may have given a soft commitment to UK and then when it was time to set up the television time to make the announcement he freaked out. (Think Terrence Jones, but in the opposite direction.) If true that probably doesn't bode well for UK either.

Comment

• Also of note: R.J. Hampton maintains that Memphis is still in the mix, even though they just signed Duke decommit Boogie Ellis yesterday.

He's down to Memphis, Kentucky, Kansas, and Texas Tech.

Comment

• Evan Daniels said on KSR today that he thinks McDaniels simply may have changed his mind. UK isn't out of it, but if he announces today it will likely be Washington.

Comment

• Washington...........he must think we have EJ and Nick coming back or Blackshear

Comment

• Originally posted by TrueblueCATfan View Post
                Washington...........he must think we have EJ and Nick coming back or Blackshear
                I actually think Washington fits McDaniels' skillset better than UK. The Pac-12 seems to reward guys who have more of that West Coast game. The SEC's way more physical and I'm not sure McDaniels would thrive in that environment.

This guy isn't the sort of player who's going to contribute right away IMO. He might get it by the second half of his freshman year and I'd love to have him because of his potential, but he's a strange player. He's the kind of guy who will take a lot of coaching wherever he goes.

There are all kinds of rumors on Twitter that McDaniels' people were able to get to him and talk him out of UK. By all accounts he seems like he's a very quiet, understated kid. Sort of reminiscent of the Jaylen Brown deal.

With all this said, it does remind you a little of Nerlens Noel too, where there was all kinds of talk on the last day that he'd changed his mind and was going to Georgetown. IIRC Evan Daniels picked Georgetown on the last day. So you never know.

But it doesn't look good for UK. The Blackshear talk disappoints me much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                  Evan Daniels said on KSR today that he thinks McDaniels simply may have changed his mind. UK isn't out of it, but if he announces today it will likely be Washington.
                  I said "today" in this post but I meant Wednesday.

Today's the signing deadline. From all I've read McDaniels doesn't want to do a big reveal and could just tweet out his destination at some point.

Comment

• I am sick and tired of hearing about McDaniels. Let me put it to you another way, would we rather have a kid weighing a buck o 5 or EJ and Richards return, i'll take EJ and Richards, re recruit what we already have!!!!!!!!!!!
                    I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

• Somethong happened last night because around midnight ESPN tweeted out that Jaden had committed to Kentucky. Minutes later it was gone.
                      Isaiah 5:20

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Jennings View Post
                        I am sick and tired of hearing about McDaniels. Let me put it to you another way, would we rather have a kid weighing a buck o 5 or EJ and Richards return, i'll take EJ and Richards, re recruit what we already have!!!!!!!!!!!
                        EJ Montgomery needs to put some weight on himself.

But I don't think the two players have much to do with one another. McDaniels is going to play on a wing as much as inside. And Montgomery doesn't look like he has much of a choice to go anywhere unless he wants a hard slog ahead of him. I don't see why we shouldn't get both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Heaven View Post
                          Somethong happened last night because around midnight ESPN tweeted out that Jaden had committed to Kentucky. Minutes later it was gone.
                          Interesting. I hadn't heard this.

Weird situation. I saw on another board that McDaniels is one of these very quiet, passive kids who really doesn't love the spotlight. He's probably having a really hard time spurning the local school and as we saw from Herro and Monk and a few others, life can be very difficult if you don't pick the hometown team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

Interesting. I hadn't heard this.

Weird situation. I saw on another board that McDaniels is one of these very quiet, passive kids who really doesn't love the spotlight. He's probably having a really hard time spurning the local school and as we saw from Herro and Monk and a few others, life can be very difficult if you don't pick the hometown team.
                            Yeah Will, Gary showed me last night on his phone. When I checked mine a bit later I couldn't find it. Weird indeed.
                            Isaiah 5:20

Comment

• I didn't see much happening this weekend re: recruiting, but a friend showed me a thing on Facebook where apparently Evan Daniels believes McDaniels is going to Washington.

Comment

• Kentucky officially out of the R.J. Hampton sweepstakes.

Comment

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X