Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
    From the premier school for big men to the school that can’t beg a big man to come here. What happened?
    Great question. I wonder if it's because of Staff that left.
    John 3:3

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
      I just read, on Twitter, that Dante says he's not reclassifying to the 2019 class.
      I'm not sure I buy this yet. Will have to wait and see what happens. If they want to play the entire EYBL circuit they can't reclassify right now so this may explain his not wanting to publicly reveal it yet.

I tend to think there's still a chance we have him on next year's roster. That said, I don't know how much he can add for us at his age and with his skill-set. I'd still like to have him though just in case, and you never know what you have with players like that. He may make a huge jump in college the way Jaxson Hayes did at Texas.

Comment

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spor...133271960/Amp/

Comment

• Saw on Rivals that Kyle Tucker said on the radio this weekend that Kentucky was a longshot. Tucker believes Oregon and LSU might be the favorites and that he probably will reclassify.

Surprising. Won't mean too awfully much for 2019-2020 but Kentucky definitely had a bad run at the end of the recruiting season if he goes elsewhere.

Comment

• For some unknown reason no big man wants anything to do with us, I'm amazed that we got Keion Brooks...who is more of a stretch 4/big 3.

Comment

For some unknown reason no big man wants anything to do with us, I'm amazed that we got Keion Brooks...who is more of a stretch 4/big 3.
              We spent so much time on Wiseman that when we jumped back into the pool after his commitment we were behind the 8 ball with so many of these guys.

Last year we were in a similar situation but got a gift handed to us with Travis. Got the same gift this year with Blackshear but couldn't get it done.

That Midas touch Cal had early on has turned into a lot of scrambling around and hoping in a decade. Things aren't utter despair (Kentucky was an overtime away from a FF last year, and will be in everybody's top ten this preseason), but it's strange to watch us really have to patch teams together and use reclassifiers and other spare parts to help us fill out a roster.

Comment

• I just saw, on Twitter, that Top 5 five star forward Jalen Johnson has verbally committed to Duke.
                Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                  I just saw, on Twitter, that Top 5 five star forward Jalen Johnson has verbally committed to Duke.
                  He's 2020. We'll have to create a thread here shortly on that class.

Comment

• ^ It will be a depressing one

Comment

^ It will be a depressing one
                      I'm not sure "depressing" is the word. We have the #1 class again this year (though that doesn't tell the whole story).

No reason to expect we wouldn't be at 1 or 2 again next year. The trick, as discussed, is getting somebody like Makur Maker or Greg Brown--one of these big-time, game-changing players. (It also seems like UK has coveted B.J. Boston.)

I still think we got one in this class with Tyrese Maxey. But that obviously remains to be seen.

One odd thing about the '20 class: it's very West Coast heavy. A lot of California guys in the top 20. Won't be easy.

Comment

• I thought Jalen Johnson was our big target ? Sure enough... Dook

Comment

I thought Jalen Johnson was our big target ? Sure enough... Dook
                          Hadn't heard that. I knew we were in the mix at one point. Don't think he ever visited UK.

Comment

• ...would be nice to have Dante but I have a feeling he's staying c/o 2020, teaming up and going West...that will sicken me, you know who I'm talking about he will team up with, I don't even want to put it out in the air/give it energy Anyway, Congrats to Dante and Mokan Elite winning Peach Jam. That was a heck-of-a champ game against Why Not (Jalen Green).

Comment

• N’Faly Diante was ruled ineligible for the first semester at Oregon. UK may have dodged a bullet there.
                              When he was a kid Lord, he never imagined all the ways that the city could bring a country boy down.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X