No announcement yet.

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iowa State is after KyKy Tandy. They're in to see him today.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
      Iowa State is after KyKy Tandy. They're in to see him today.
      We really need to get this kid. Videos I have seen he can really score the ball. Maybe Cal has trepidations? Is he Josh Carrier or Chris Harrison all over again? Guys with a scoring reputation but lanquished on yhe bench as human cigars? I don't think he is. He has much better handles than those guys and is fast.
      Isaiah 5:20

Comment

KyKy Tandy's dad isn't that pleased with the way UK has recruited his son.

I heard an almost identical thing about the family of Taveion Hollingsworth when Kentucky was (lightly) recruiting him. They weren't happy at all with Cal and I have that on pretty good authority.

Cal doesn't seem to put much weight at all into getting these in-state players who might stick in the program. I think that's a mistake.

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/...holding-breath

Comment

Per ESPN Tyrese Maxey has committed to UK

:http://www.espn.com/college-sports/r...tucky-wildcats

Comment

Originally posted by Los Gatos View Post
            Per ESPN Tyrese Maxey has committed to UK

:http://www.espn.com/college-sports/r...tucky-wildcats
            Being discussed in the 2018 thread, but it probably belongs here considering Maxey looks like he'll stay in 2019.

Comment

E.J. Montgomery signed for those worrying that Penny Hardaway was somehow going to steal him.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                E.J. Montgomery signed for those worrying that Penny Hardaway was somehow going to steal him.
                Oops, check this. I was thinking of D.J. Jeffries.

Montgomery is of course a top 10 player who has signed to play for the Cats during the 2018-'19 season. Jeffries is a 2019 recruit.

Comment

I will be attending the Peach Jam in July so look for a full write-up when we return.

That's if I don't have a heart attack first. Per the friend I'm going with, we'll be stopping at Big Ed's Pizza in Oak Ridge, Tennessee on the way. According to people he's spoken to it's the best pizza in the South but it's so greasy it may literally kill you.

Comment

^^^^ That is awesome Will and a wonderful experience (if this is your first time)! I went a few years ago. I find that Saturday's are the best days to hang out all day, look at the schedule for the top match-ups based on the standings in their pool. Sunday is standing room only for final four and finals. I'm rooting for my local team Oakland Soldiers ( 2017 Peach Jam Champs) to repeat, although they are off to not a great start on the circuit...
                    I would like to see Team Takeover this year in person, they are stompin everybody. TT is always in the mix along with CP 3 and Soldiers, these are the most consistent teams along with Team Penny, but I wonder what team those kids went to?

Comment

Kentucky has SG Kira Lewis in on a visit this weekend.

Lewis is ranked #81 in the class by Rivals. Four-star player but he's been rising recently.

Wouldn't be surprised if we don't come out of the weekend with a commit from him.

At guard, Cal obviously still wants Scottie Lewis pretty bad, but rumors are he's a Duke lean.

I think Kentucky is really intrigued in Australian wing Josh Green as well. Highly intriguing player.

Comment

Jaden McDaniels? Says Kentucky is his dream school and his stock is rising fast, wonder if Cal will make the offer?
                        I can spell, blame it on my not so smart smart phone, makes up it's own words as it goes.....

Comment

Interesting read on how difficult Louisville's Chris Mack is finding it on the recruiting trail.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/colle...212992199.html

Comment

^^^Interesting read for sure. But its hard to imagine top players would not take a wait and see approach to UL right now. Actually seems surprising to me they're still lining up for KU and some others with all the current uncertainty.

Comment

Charles Bassey, who plays at the academy that's attached to DeSales High School here in Louisville, committed to Western Kentucky last night. He's a top five player.

Will be interesting to see if he makes it to campus. Highly interesting situation to put it mildly.

Comment

His commitment stirred up a lot of excitement in Bowling Green. High expectations can lead to much disappointment if this doesn't pan out.
                                John 3:3

Comment

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X