No announcement yet.

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon Carey's first visit will be at Big Blue Madness. And the Rivals guys are beginning to back off of him being a lock to Duke. If I could pick one guy for next year Carey would be my choice.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/kentucky-...ision-timeline

Comment

• Originally posted by catfaninin View Post
      If I could pick one guy for next year Carey would be my choice.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/kentucky-...ision-timeline
      Same here !

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
        Kentucky makes the final eight for power forward Matthew Hurt. He's a 6'9" stretch forward out of Rochester, Minnesota, who's ranked fifth in the country by Rivals.

Duke, Indiana, Minnesota, UCLA, North Carolina, Memphis, and Kansas also made the cut.
        Per multiple reports, Hurt and Kentucky are heating up. UK really wants him. Outstanding player but it's going to be very tough.

Comment

Word going around last night that 2020 #4 R.J. Hampton, a point guard, may re-classify into the 2019 class. T.J. Walker points out that Tyrese Maxey recently mentioned Hampton.
          Hampton will stay in 2020 but will visit UK for Big Blue Madness.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...its-121228651/

Comment

• Bryan Antoine just committed to Villanova. For months people have speculated that Scottie Lewis and Antoine may be a package deal.

Comment

Per multiple reports, Hurt and Kentucky are heating up. UK really wants him. Outstanding player but it's going to be very tough.
              Saw tonight that Oscar Combs is reporting Hurt will be at Big Blue Madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by catfaninin View Post

Saw tonight that Oscar Combs is reporting Hurt will be at Big Blue Madness.
                This would be big. I've seen some people say Hurt might be the best player in the class. Probably is the best pure basketball player.

Comment

DJ Jeffries fell all the way to #68 in the new 257 rankings. Kahlil Whitney rose to 6th. Maxey comes in at #10.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports....-sorting-tool/

I was never crazy about Jeffries...then with the added antics of dad, salute! Don't need the headaches!
                  I'll take Wiseman or Carey, but both we have the paint on lock! Lets get Hurt too. Have a strong feeling Wiseman will go to Memphis and I wouldn't be mad at that, I understand when you form a relationship in HS/AAU ball...

Will- at Peach Jam did you watch the Wiseman vs Carey game?
                  Last edited by 85 Fly; 09-05-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post
                    Will- at Peach Jam did you watch the Wiseman vs Carey game?
                    Unfortunately no. Got there after they were both out. We only saw the semifinals games simply because it was so difficult to get into the gym.

Armando Bacot was the best player I saw. Cassius Stanley was up there. Tremendous guard.

Comment

• The summer dead period ends Sunday and things are going to get really interesting on the recruiting trail for Kentucky.

Interesting note there at the bottom about Zeke Nnaji. He's a new name on UK's radar and Cal will be in to visit him this weekend. He's ranked 34th by Rivals and is out of Minnesota. 6'10" power forward.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...217947900.html

Comment

• @ Will- you can watch 20min highlight of Carey vs Wiseman match-up on YouTube... I thought they were neck-and-neck in displaying their skills in that game.
                        Thanks for the article link, good info to chew on... I read further out about 2020 prospects and I'm declaring it now: we gotta land Scottie Barnes! I still can't believe he's class of 2020...when I watch him and Carey University HS games, they complement each other so well and they are a well oiled machine together on their AAU team.

Comment

The summer dead period ends Sunday and things are going to get really interesting on the recruiting trail for Kentucky.

Interesting note there at the bottom about Zeke Nnaji. He's a new name on UK's radar and Cal will be in to visit him this weekend. He's ranked 34th by Rivals and is out of Minnesota. 6'10" power forward.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...217947900.html
                          Kentucky offered Zeke Nnaji last night. He's a teammate of Matthew Hurt, so I guess that's a big reason they got involved with him.

Need at least two of Nnaji, Wiseman, Carey, Hurt, and Tshiebwe because we'll obviously have to rebuild our entire front line.

Interesting situation at 2 guard. I imagine there will be a heavy push for Cole Anthony in the spring.

Comment

Kentucky offered Zeke Nnaji last night. He's a teammate of Matthew Hurt, so I guess that's a big reason they got involved with him.

Need at least two of Nnaji, Wiseman, Carey, Hurt, and Tshiebwe because we'll obviously have to rebuild our entire front line.

Interesting situation at 2 guard. I imagine there will be a heavy push for Cole Anthony in the spring.
                            I like the sound of all of this. Even though I really want Carey adding Wiseman, Hurt and Nnaji would be pretty sweet.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2018/9/10...urt-zeke-nnaji

Comment

I forgot to add Aidan Igiehon, who Cal and Barbee were in to see yesterday.

Also, UK will probably need three out of that list unless they want to go the grad transfer route again.

Last edited by Will Lavender; 09-12-2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Vernon Carey tweeted that he was in Lexington today on an unofficial visit. Says he's still coming back for Madness.

Can't be bad news.

Comment

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X