Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big weekend for UK coming up. Scottie Lewis will visit. Has been a UK target for a looong time at this point, and with Antoine pledging to Villanova it looks like Lewis's recruitment is a little more open than many believed.

Comment

• Per Chris Fisher on Twitter, Aidan Igiehon's travel coach says that UK coaches are telling them that Kentucky is expecting a "mass exodus" and are trying to sign 3-4 frontcourt players.

No surprise, but you can see how Kentucky is trying to spread out its recruiting efforts more this year to account for a lack of numbers in 2019-2020.

Comment

• Kentucky will go in-home for Oscar Tshiebwe next Monday. Looks like UK is pushing for a be-the-first-big-to-commit-and-we'll-take-you situation.

Note that I'm not sourcing any of this info because there are no articles with these stories. It's all from various Twitter users.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
          Nico Mannion is also a possibility after his recommitment, but I doubt we're getting him. Highly intriguing player however but I think Cal jumped in too late.

https://247sports.com/college/kentuc...ion-120422372/
          UK is out of the running for Mannion. Cut his list to Marquette and Arizona.

Will be a superstar on the college level IMO.

Comment

• As expected, Kentucky has offered Oscar Tshiebwe.

Comment

• Interesting battle breaking out between Florida and Kentucky for Scottie Lewis.

Almost everybody assumed Lewis was Florida-bound. Then he visited Kentucky and the consensus changed. This morning some photos of Lewis appeared on Instagram wearing a UK jersey.

This afternoon it's being reported that Florida's Mike White is in to visit Lewis today.

Should be interesting. I'd really like to see UK land him considering he was one of the first players who was on the Kentucky radar more than a calendar year ago.

Comment

UK is out of the running for Mannion. Cut his list to Marquette and Arizona.

Will be a superstar on the college level IMO.
                I see him as a Nova guy. I just read the linked article looks like Nova offered. Real easy for him to stay in AZ, especially if the "dust has settled down" at UofA...we'll see.
                Last edited by 85 Fly; 09-18-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post

I see him as a Nova guy. I just read the linked article looks like Nova offered. Real easy for him to stay in AZ, especially if the "dust has settled down" at UofA...we'll see.
                  Mannion actually committed to Arizona last weekend.

Comment

• As an aside, I saw, on Twitter, where Rick Barnes stole one (Josiah James) away from Duke.
                    Philippians 4:11 & 4:13

Comment

• Josiah James is arguably the biggest get in Tennessee history. Big-time player.

Comment

• ^^^ I'm on the late train just catching up on the latest recruiting moves. Not surprised about U of A...hope another shoe doesn't drop for that program. Staying home Mannion would do well under Coach Hurley and he fits ASU style of play (little brother is slowly building a team to compete against big brother) too...no Feds lurking over that program right now.
                        Coach Barnes landed a BIG fish for his program.

@Will L- tried to send you PM but didn't go through. Last years City of Palms Classic was excellent. The champs (University HS) return along with Oak Hill, IMG and a few other top schools. Good tournament to check out HS talent. You can subscribe for streaming to FloHoops 1 month-at-a-time.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/iMecLbw...ms-classic.htm
                        Last edited by 85 Fly; 09-19-2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post

@Will L- tried to send you PM but didn't go through. Last years City of Palms Classic was excellent. The champs (University HS) return along with Oak Hill, IMG and a few other top schools. Good tournament to check out HS talent. You can subscribe for streaming to FloHoops 1 month-at-a-time.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/iMecLbw...ms-classic.htm
                          Thanks for letting me know.

I think we may try to hit the EYBL event in Indianapolis this year. A couple at the Peach Jam told us that Indy was by far the best place to watch.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know.

I think we may try to hit the EYBL event in Indianapolis this year. A couple at the Peach Jam told us that Indy was by far the best place to watch.
                            I don't have anything to compare it to. But the one in Indy has always seemed very well done to me. Haven't decided if I am going this year for sure. But if I do would love to watch a few games with you.

Comment

• Originally posted by catfaninin View Post

I don't have anything to compare it to. But the one in Indy has always seemed very well done to me. Haven't decided if I am going this year for sure. But if I do would love to watch a few games with you.
                              Would be awesome.

I believe it's in late April?

As discussed above, I wouldn't recommend the Peach Jam to anyone. Venue is way too small. The only way to do that is to get there on the first day and get a wristband. Anything beyond that makes it so that you're probably going to be standing up, have a terrible view, and have to battle to get in. I talked about this a little above but the way security handled it was a total disaster.

Comment

• ^^^ I went a few years ago and had a great time but I only went one day- Sat. It is a small venue for the capacity crowd.Sounds like things have changed...

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Class of 2019 - General Discussion

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X