Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High school scoring sensation has major recruiting offers, but no interest from Kentu

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High school scoring sensation has major recruiting offers, but no interest from Kentu

Still just a junior high school, Joe Girard III is already the all-time leading scorer in New York state basketball history.
    On the court, his numbers are incredible.
    The 6-foot-1 combo guard from Glens Falls, N.Y., averaged 50 points, seven rebounds and six assists per game this past season. During that run, he broke Lance Stephenson’s all-time scoring mark for a state rich in basketball talent, and he’ll go into his senior season with 3,306 career points. Maxpreps.com named him a first-team All-American for the junior class.
    He’s currently among the leaders on the uber-talented Nike circuit in three-pointers (22 over eight games) and is a perfect 27-for-27 from the free throw line so far this spring.
    Off the court, he’s an A student and volunteers in his community. (Oh, and he’s also the star quarterback on his school’s football team, leading them to their first state title as a sophomore).
    Duke, Syracuse and Michigan are among his top suitors — all have offered scholarships, and head coaches from all three paid him in-home visits last month — but UK is not on his recruiting radar.
    “I haven’t heard from Kentucky,” Girard told the Herald-Leader last weekend at the Nike stop in Indianapolis.
    He would be glad if the Cats gave him a call.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/colle...210441184.html

Phenominal shooter, outstanding student, does volunteer community work and plans on being in college at least two years, if not longer, but we're not interested. I noticed recently where a couple of big men, that are tearing it up, haven't heard from UK either. Oh well, I'm sure the staff knows what they're doing.
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

That's a lot of points. Slightly off topic, but didn't we have a stretch of about seven or eight years before Cal where we didn't have a 30 ppg scorer from high school? I want to say it was Alex Legion who broke the streak.

Comment

That's an absurd amount of points.

Imaging averaging 50 a game. Almost literally every shot in a game with 8-minute quarters would have to be yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
        Imaging averaging 50 a game. Almost literally every shot in a game with 8-minute quarters would have to be yours.
        Imagine being his teammate who's never had the ball passed to you.

Comment

Don't worry folks, he's going to Duke.....
          I post in peace!!!

Comment

Mac McClung will play one year at Gerogetown, then transfer to Duke also...
            I post in peace!!!

Comment

High school scoring sensation has major recruiting offers, but no interest from Kentu

Collapse
            Working...
            X