Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Class of 2020 - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilproUK98
    replied
    So, back to Cade. Some have said he may announce very soon, and I think he might, but he's mentioned around Thanksgiving, so it may not be official till then. But I believe the decision will be made and UK will know well before that, if they don't already.

Leave a comment:

• 85 Fly
    replied
    Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post

I haven't seen Mobley so I'm not sure. But a lot of times there isn't just one freak in a class but a couple. Sometimes more than that.

Tend to think guys like Mobley are rated that high because of their potential more than anything. Think Mo Bamba, etc. There are always better players in the mix, but recruiting guys are playing a long game when they put these lists together.

Cunningham is a true unicorn. Looks like a 35-year-old man, plays like a freight train, polished. Assuming the smoke around him right now is legit, and you never know, then Kentucky's an elite big man away from fielding the type of team Cal started out with here.
    I think they over-rate Mobley on potential especially due to his height and his versatility. He can bring the ball up the floor like a guard, and has a jumper but I don't see him as the #1.
    Last edited by 85 Fly; 10-22-2019, 04:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KCKUKFan
    replied
    I think Duke's recruiting run over the last couple of years really motivated Cal, and by extension, his assistants.

He seems to be refilling the tank for another stretch, and I couldn't be more excited. Cunningham and Brown, with one more (Kuminga? Banchero?) would be the best class in the history of the game.

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    We've sort of opined on Cal's last hurrah for almost a decade. I thought it looked like after Brad transferred that he was winding down. Nope.

Cal's an impossible type of person to get in front of and speculate about. Always looking to reinvent.

Leave a comment:

• lilproUK98
    replied
    Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
    ^ Would that be Calipari’s last hurrah?
    Maybe, but I really believe he is serious about this "2nd tour" thing and wants to do another 10 yrs. It will be the end of the one and done era, so maybe Cal will be done as well, going out with his 2nd Title.

I would like to see what UK and Cal can do in the post one and done era though.

Leave a comment:

• matt colvin
    replied
    ^ Would that be Calipari’s last hurrah?

Leave a comment:

• lilproUK98
    replied
    Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
    And speaking of big men, it should be easy to reel in at least one of those elite bigs with the crazy stable of guards we have.

This is a little different than the past three or four years in that he's assembled a whole foundation. It looks like the guy who the staff is heavy on right now might be Banchero, but my gut says the player they've always loved is Brown.
    You're spot on Will. Brown and Cunningham and their families have a strong bond. Getting Cade is the key piece. Brown is almost certain to come with Cade, and Brown is as much of a freak show as Cade.

I have heard that Banchero is the silent commit Boston was referring to, and he will reclassify. We'll see if that turns out to be true. If it does and you get Cade and Brown, it is over. Seriously, plan your trip to Indy in 2021 now.

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    And I actually think Tyrese Maxey has a chance to be the sort of player who goes down as a De'Aaron Fox/John Wall sort when it all shakes out.

The problem with Maxey is that he's going to try to shoot every ball until 2020 comes. And he might not be on as good of a team as either of those guys.

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    We shall see, but we still haven’t landed a big guy yet.
    Lance Ware.

Don't worry about the big guy at this point. We've obviously entered a new era all of a sudden.

I'm a bit uncomfortable talking about how we may have entered into that new era, but I'm going to say it might have to do with the fact that so many schools have been rocked by scandal. But I don't want to talk about how the sausage is made because I don't have a clue about any of the specifics.

Also, Knight was great, but we're talking a different caliber of player with Cunningham on paper. You don't see guards with bodies like that at 18/19 years old hardly ever.

Leave a comment:

• matt colvin
    replied
    We shall see, but we still haven’t landed a big guy yet.

It seems easy to forget just how good Knight was.

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    And speaking of big men, it should be easy to reel in at least one of those elite bigs with the crazy stable of guards we have.

This is a little different than the past three or four years in that he's assembled a whole foundation. It looks like the guy who the staff is heavy on right now might be Banchero, but my gut says the player they've always loved is Brown.

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    Then why is Mobley #1 ?

Better than Cousins, Knight, Randle, Fox/Monk?

Meh
    I haven't seen Mobley so I'm not sure. But a lot of times there isn't just one freak in a class but a couple. Sometimes more than that.

Tend to think guys like Mobley are rated that high because of their potential more than anything. Think Mo Bamba, etc. There are always better players in the mix, but recruiting guys are playing a long game when they put these lists together.

Cunningham is a true unicorn. Looks like a 35-year-old man, plays like a freight train, polished. Assuming the smoke around him right now is legit, and you never know, then Kentucky's an elite big man away from fielding the type of team Cal started out with here.

Leave a comment:

• matt colvin
    replied
    Then why is Mobley #1 ?

Better than Cousins, Knight, Randle, Fox/Monk?

Meh

Leave a comment:

• Will Lavender
    replied
    Still think Cunningham would probably be the third (maybe fourth) best player Cal signs at UK behind Wall and Davis. Towns would have to be close.

The elite of the elite.

Leave a comment:

• lilproUK98
    replied
    Cal is visiting Cade tonight. I would expect a commitment by the end of the week........

😳

Leave a comment:

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Class of 2020 - General Discussion

Collapse
Working...
X