Announcement

Collapse

Don't Be Alarmed!

You'll notice some design changes and things moving around but don't worry and pardon our mess as we make some improvements visually! Thank you!
See more
See less

Class of 2020 - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cunningham
    Banchero
    Clarke
    Brown
    Askew
    Boston
    Ware
    Fletcher

Allen
    Juzang?
    Brooks?

Comment

• Originally posted by KCKUKFan View Post
      Cunningham
      Banchero
      Clarke
      Brown
      Askew
      Boston
      Ware
      Fletcher

Allen
      Juzang?
      Brooks?
      Will likely be those top 9 plus Quickley, Brooks, and one more freshman or grad-transfer big IMO.

If so, that team is the heavy, heavy favorite to cut down nets in Indy, of all places....

Comment

• Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post

Will likely be those top 9 plus Quickley, Brooks, and one more freshman or grad-transfer big IMO.

If so, that team is the heavy, heavy favorite to cut down nets in Indy, of all places....
        Why the ??? with Juzang & Brooks?

Comment

• Cal is visiting Cade tonight. I would expect a commitment by the end of the week........

šŸ˜³

Comment

• Still think Cunningham would probably be the third (maybe fourth) best player Cal signs at UK behind Wall and Davis. Towns would have to be close.

The elite of the elite.

Comment

• Then why is Mobley #1 ?

Better than Cousins, Knight, Randle, Fox/Monk?

Meh

Comment

• Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
                Then why is Mobley #1 ?

Better than Cousins, Knight, Randle, Fox/Monk?

Meh
                I haven't seen Mobley so I'm not sure. But a lot of times there isn't just one freak in a class but a couple. Sometimes more than that.

Tend to think guys like Mobley are rated that high because of their potential more than anything. Think Mo Bamba, etc. There are always better players in the mix, but recruiting guys are playing a long game when they put these lists together.

Cunningham is a true unicorn. Looks like a 35-year-old man, plays like a freight train, polished. Assuming the smoke around him right now is legit, and you never know, then Kentucky's an elite big man away from fielding the type of team Cal started out with here.

Comment

• And speaking of big men, it should be easy to reel in at least one of those elite bigs with the crazy stable of guards we have.

This is a little different than the past three or four years in that he's assembled a whole foundation. It looks like the guy who the staff is heavy on right now might be Banchero, but my gut says the player they've always loved is Brown.

Comment

• We shall see, but we still havenā€™t landed a big guy yet.

It seems easy to forget just how good Knight was.

Comment

We shall see, but we still havenā€™t landed a big guy yet.
                      Lance Ware.

Don't worry about the big guy at this point. We've obviously entered a new era all of a sudden.

I'm a bit uncomfortable talking about how we may have entered into that new era, but I'm going to say it might have to do with the fact that so many schools have been rocked by scandal. But I don't want to talk about how the sausage is made because I don't have a clue about any of the specifics.

Also, Knight was great, but we're talking a different caliber of player with Cunningham on paper. You don't see guards with bodies like that at 18/19 years old hardly ever.

Comment

• And I actually think Tyrese Maxey has a chance to be the sort of player who goes down as a De'Aaron Fox/John Wall sort when it all shakes out.

The problem with Maxey is that he's going to try to shoot every ball until 2020 comes. And he might not be on as good of a team as either of those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                          And speaking of big men, it should be easy to reel in at least one of those elite bigs with the crazy stable of guards we have.

This is a little different than the past three or four years in that he's assembled a whole foundation. It looks like the guy who the staff is heavy on right now might be Banchero, but my gut says the player they've always loved is Brown.
                          You're spot on Will. Brown and Cunningham and their families have a strong bond. Getting Cade is the key piece. Brown is almost certain to come with Cade, and Brown is as much of a freak show as Cade.

I have heard that Banchero is the silent commit Boston was referring to, and he will reclassify. We'll see if that turns out to be true. If it does and you get Cade and Brown, it is over. Seriously, plan your trip to Indy in 2021 now.

Comment

• ^ Would that be Calipariā€™s last hurrah?

Comment

^ Would that be Calipariā€™s last hurrah?
                              Maybe, but I really believe he is serious about this "2nd tour" thing and wants to do another 10 yrs. It will be the end of the one and done era, so maybe Cal will be done as well, going out with his 2nd Title.

I would like to see what UK and Cal can do in the post one and done era though.

Comment

• We've sort of opined on Cal's last hurrah for almost a decade. I thought it looked like after Brad transferred that he was winding down. Nope.

Cal's an impossible type of person to get in front of and speculate about. Always looking to reinvent.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Class of 2020 - General Discussion

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X