Class of 2021 - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilproUK98 View Post
    Don't expect BHH to include UK in his final 6. After UK was the presumed lock, the relationship has soured with him and the staff. I know it sounds somewhat lame, but this is more UK moving away that BHH
    What happened with this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Not knowing anything about it I want to say they're leaning toward the G-League deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Most of it has to do with his attitude and approach to his game and development. UK coaches wanted him to do certain things that he just hasn't done, and his overall desire and bball intensity has been brought into question by some. There's a dynamic there with Bobby Maze being his AAU coach as well. Tennessee is where he probably ends up.

He is extremely talented, don't get me wrong, but Hopkins is basically his replacement.
        Last edited by lilproUK98; 08-25-2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Barnes is starting to clean up.

Comment

It looks like Kentucky has gone all-in with Hunter Sallis, who is now a top ten player in the class.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
              It looks like Kentucky has gone all-in with Hunter Sallis, who is now a top ten player in the class.
              May reiterate the fact that some feel that Hardy and Clark are far from locks, as many felt Hardy was....

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/202...iting-efforts/

Comment

Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post

May reiterate the fact that some feel that Hardy and Clark are far from locks, as many felt Hardy was....

http://ukrecruiting.bloginky.com/202...iting-efforts/
                What I have read is that Cal is worried about Hardy committing then opting for the G league and leaving them in a bad spot.

Comment

Saw an interesting comment from Twitter where a guy said he'd had a problem with Cal for a few years because Cal got in so late on players. He said Duke always targeted their options very early and grabbed them quick, while UK waited around for months to even give out most of its offers.

If you sort of look back over the last few years this is definitely true. I'm not sure what to attribute this to other than the fact that Cal has generally been either dormant during summers or doing non-basketball stuff. It could also go back to failures from the assistant coaches.

But I think what the guy says is pretty undeniable. The last four or five years especially we've had to frantically hope for last-minute luck to help us out--which we've usually gotten. But Kentucky really has a hard time early in the recruiting season.

Comment

This wasn’t the case in the first several years of the era , albeit there were many instances that we had to scramble to replace unforeseen departures.

I feel goofy saying this given the class he just hauled in, but I think we’re going to slide into a malaise of sorts. Calipari cannot keep up with the insane amount of turnover especially now that we aren’t getting most every player we want.

Just very unfortunate.

Comment

Skyy Clark, still in the class of '22 but we'll see, cuts list to Kentucky, North Carolina, Memphis, and UCLA.

Comment

Skyy Clark, still in the class of '22 but we'll see, cuts list to Kentucky, North Carolina, Memphis, and UCLA.
                        That's going to be a tough get.

Comment

After all the hoopla about the # 1 players our coach has recruited---only ANTHONY DAVIS has a NCAA championship on his resume!!!!! I realize championships are very difficult to come by--that much more to his credit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Looks like Clark is announcing on October 22nd....

Comment

Movement today in UK's direction for Hunter Sallis. It'd be awfully nice if we could get him for '21 and Clark for '22. With those two, Askew, and Hickman in the fold, Cal would have plenty of opportunities to put his energy toward big men.

Find a way to work this out, then throw in legacy recruit D.J. Wagner for 2023, and the back court could be locked up nice and tight for the foreseeable future.

Comment

We are going to need a lot of help.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Class of 2021 - General Discussion

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X