No announcement yet.

Class of 2021 - General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As Downes has said, all signs now point to the Zags landing Sallis, decision date set.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...248735495.html

Comment

@ WCN Fam-2022 Recruiting Side Note- I'm getting ahead of myself and the 2022 thread, but has anyone checked out 6'9 junior center Jalen Duren that plays for Montverde Academy this season (transferred from Roman Catholic)? I'm seeing signs of a raw Bam Adabayo. Michigan and Alabama are already in the mix for him.

Comment

Hickman and Collins both named McDonald's All-Americans.

There will be no game again, which is sort of odd given that basketball is being played all over the country. Probably has more to do with flying in people from all over the country and not wanting to worry about testing.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...249442665.html

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
          Hickman and Collins both named McDonald's All-Americans.

There will be no game again, which is sort of odd given that basketball is being played all over the country. Probably has more to do with flying in people from all over the country and not wanting to worry about testing.

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...249442665.html
          Feel bad for those kids, what a shame they have worked this hard to get here and don't get to have that experience.

Comment

https://www.kentucky.com/sports/coll...249487370.html

Comment

^^^^ That would be interesting, if we could pick up someone that can shoot! Sometimes Cal can't just get hung up on recruiting the Top 10 players so I'm glad to see Cal has extended an offer to the young man.
              Side Note- I'm still on the fence about Hickman only because I have watched some games ESPN aired with his HS team and I'm just worried about him adapting the the UK pressure/environment. I hope he proves me wrong, but I already see what's it has done to the 2020 class (along with Covid of course).

Comment

Anybody watching Geico National Tournament this week? N Hickman plays tonight 6 p.m. (3 pm. PST) ESPNU

Comment

Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post
                  Anybody watching Geico National Tournament this week? N Hickman plays tonight 6 p.m. (3 pm. PST) ESPNU
                  Jaden Bradley is intriguing. Gets in the paint and appears to be an elite passer. He’s a UK “lock” as of now, so here’s hoping nothing changes.

Looking forward to seeing Hickman in action.

Comment

Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

Jaden Bradley is intriguing. Gets in the paint and appears to be an elite passer. He’s a UK “lock” as of now, so here’s hoping nothing changes.

Looking forward to seeing Hickman in action.
                    So DVZ- What did you think of the Wasatch (Nolan) vs AZ Compass (TyTy) match-up today?

Comment

Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post

So DVZ- What did you think of the Wasatch (Nolan) vs AZ Compass (TyTy) match-up today?
                      Hickman is a smooth player with some real skill. Had a few moments where he looked elite (that spin to crossover to dump-off under the basket was jaw-dropping). His first half stat line showed a versatile guard who can do a little bit of everything. I like his size, and I really like his demeanor. Seems like a great kid — smart, too. BUT, he also has work to do and isn’t ready to step in and lead a team from day one next season. Good passer but needs to sharpen his vision. Can get to the paint but needs to learn how to finish stronger. Would like to see a little more aggression there. I like his defense; he’s willing, and long enough to cause problems. I don’t doubt his work ethic though, and I think if we can keep him for two or more years he can become a really nice college PG. Don’t want to depend on him right now, but I’m glad we’re getting him.

I didn’t pay as much attention to TyTy tbh, but it looks like some team’s getting a good player there. Still not elite, but I’d probably put him a notch or two above Hickman — but not by too much.

Comment

^^^ You and I are on the same page assessing Hickman. At times I did worry about a couple "baby passes" (most of these HS students have that bad habit) that led to turnover/scoring.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Class of 2021 - General Discussion

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X