Reed Sheppard--Commits to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reed Sheppard--Commits to Kentucky

Reed Sheppard, the No. 17 overall prospect in the 2023 class, will make his college decision on Saturday, November 20th at 9:00 AM ET, sources confirmed to 247Sports.

Don’t know if this a good or bad indicator for UK that he is committing this early.
    Wonder if NIL money will sway him to UK.
    Last edited by justford; 11-15-2021, 03:49 PM.

I know he has been disussed and I suspect there will be a lot of discussion about him in the coming years.

For now the news is that he just received an offer from Texas A&M, he's in the class of 2023.

As you can see by my profile name, I was somewhat of a fan of his father

Comment

Lol....a lot of us were. I imagine Reed will have a long, long list of offers before this is over barring injury. Best of luck to him. Some kids flourish following their parents, some kids get buried by fan expectaition.
      He and his family will have a lot of soul searching to do on what they believe is best for Reed.

Comment

Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post
        I know he has been disussed and I suspect there will be a lot of discussion about him in the coming years.

For now the news is that he just received an offer from Texas A&M, he's in the class of 2023.

As you can see by my profile name, I was somewhat of a fan of his father
        I hope it works out for him to be a Cat and that he can craft his own legacy. I think it's been long enough since Shep was here that younger fans and his contemporaries won't spend much time comparing the two.
        Aspirational...

Originally posted by John Stuart Mill
        He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that... He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them...he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
        Originally posted by Charlie Munger
        I never allow myself to hold an opinion on anything that I don't know the other side's argument better than they do

Comment

I’d love to have him. Kid looks like a player, and though I’m not one who thinks we should be all over every KY kid who can dribble a basketball, when a kid’s got talent and he’s from home, it’s usually best to make it work.

Comment

Looks like he’d be an excellent complement to Wagner. And Wagner would take a lot of pressure off him to be the man.

Comment

Reed has an official offer from Kentucky, Cal had the whole staff in attendance to watch him.

Comment

Y'all know I'm a newbie BBN (came on board 08/09 season)...can someone give me the back story that I'm hearing about the dad and some possible bad blood with somebody which may influence if Reed would consider UK? Do I have that right?

Comment

Several years ago there were a few different interviews where former players were asked, essentially, about OAD. Among those who were guarded about it was Jeff Sheppard and it was rumored that Calipari wasn't too happy about those types of comments. Derek Anderson, Kyle Macy, Issel are a few others that voiced a preference for more roster continuity.

Comment

There has already been at least an attempt out of the Sheppard camp to deny that there is any such rift. I’m not in the know with them. For all I know they may just want that hat on the table. But they at least say that it wouldn’t affect Reed’s decision. Hope not.

Comment

Reed to announce his college decision on Saturday, 11/20 at 9:00

Comment

Most seem to believe it's UK.

Oddly though I haven't heard much about Sheppard in the last couple months. Which is probably good for UK's chances.

The NIL situation for Sheppard will be off the charts.

Comment

In the recruiting thread people seem to think the consensus is UK is looking good. I'm not sure what the national guys think but I'm optimistic.

Comment

Hard to imagine him committing this early if not Kentucky. He will probably get a lot of grief in every away game he plays in if he doesn’t pick Kentucky🙁
                            Last edited by justford; 11-15-2021, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Let's hope he's a Cat!
                              It's good to have something here in the recruiting forum.
                              God, Family, Kentucky Basketball

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Reed Sheppard--Commits to Kentucky

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X