No announcement yet.

Reed Sheppard--Commits to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reed already has an association/deal with White, Greer, and Maggard orthodontics.

Comment

Originally posted by matt colvin View Post
      I don’t think there’s a limit. You can utilize this rule at any age.
      I feel this is correct. The rule change just means athletes are not ineligible for college sports due to having been paid for endorsements, etc. Don’t know why they’d care how old you were when you got paid.

Comment

Are they eligible to receive compensation while in high school or would that be in violation of some high school rule? Thanks for the answers

Comment

Originally posted by justford View Post
          Are they eligible to receive compensation while in high school
          Yes

Comment

Is that allowed in the Governor’s executive order or did the KHSAA allow it?

Comment

The executive order allowed for it.

https://kentucky.gov/Pages/Activity-...shear&prId=840

Comment

The executive order allowed for it.

https://kentucky.gov/Pages/Activity-...shear&prId=840
                Interesting. I had assumed Gavin Wimsatt left high school because he wasn’t allowed to make money. Guess there was just more to be made at Rutgers.

Comment

Yes
                  Thank you. Makes more sense that a recruit would commit a year or two before college.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
                    I've met Silas House a few times. I have always felt like his accent is a little bit rehearsed.

He's from Corbin. That's 30 minutes from where I'm from. I have never, not once in my life, heard an accent like House's.

I have always assumed it's a bit of an affectation.
                    I just looked up a video to hear the accent. I don’t think it’s rehearsed, it reminds me a lot of how my former boss sounds when he speaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

I just looked up a video to hear the accent. I don’t think it’s rehearsed, it reminds me a lot of how my former boss sounds when he speaks.
                      Depends when you hear him.

He's a bit older now. When I was around him it was 10-15 years ago. He had a little bit more of a singsongy lilt going on.

I just Googled him and saw a very recent interview on WKYT. That's probably how many of us talk.

Comment

I taped myself one time, and it's amazing how much different your voice sounds, on tape, than when you just listen to yourself talking.
                        "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post
                          I taped myself one time, and it's amazing how much different your voice sounds, on tape, than when you just listen to yourself talking.
                          True. I’ve heard my voice/accent on tape and I have to assume everyone makes fun of me behind my back

Comment

* after reading everyone going down memory lane about the Commonwealth* On my bucket list: attend UK game @ Rupp and visit my cousins who moved there from CA 8 years ago, instead of only catching up with them when they return to CA during the holidays (to visit Mom/Dad).
                            Last edited by 85 Fly; 11-23-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Reed Sheppard--Commits to Kentucky

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X