Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2023 - General Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by 85 Fly View Post

    I thought I heard through Jack Pilgrim that Wagner MAY visit Loserville after Peach Jam?...
    Yeah, he did say that. Remains to be seen if it’ll happen. With his gramps there, I have a hard time thinking he won’t.

    Comment


    • #62
      Interesting that we just reached out to Isaiah Collier, five star PG.

      https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Collier-46098116/

      Does this show that we are not confident in Wagner as we have been thinking lately?

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by GOCAT15 View Post
        Interesting that we just reached out to Isaiah Collier, five star PG.

        https://247sports.com/Player/Isaiah-Collier-46098116/

        Does this show that we are not confident in Wagner as we have been thinking lately?
        Check the timing. We “reached out” two weeks ago, which is right around the time DJ to UK started heating up.

        I don’t think that’s coincidental.

        Comment


        • #64
          I hope you're right DVZ!!
          God, Family, Kentucky Basketball

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Will Lavender View Post
            Is Kingsley gonna reclassify?
            Sure looks like it.

            https://www.aseaofblue.com/2022/7/21...g-news-onyenso
            Last edited by Los Gatos; 07-21-2022, 02:29 PM.

            Comment


            • #66
              Rivals lists him in their 2023 Top 150 but click on his name and they already call him class of 2022. He’ll be 18 before the season starts so hopefully he’ll be ready to contribute. Because to pretend he’ll be here as a sophomore is to be blindly naïve.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
                Rivals lists him in their 2023 Top 150 but click on his name and they already call him class of 2022. He’ll be 18 before the season starts so hopefully he’ll be ready to contribute. Because to pretend he’ll be here as a sophomore is to be blindly naïve.
                I don’t think this is going to be another Sharpe situation. Wings of his caliber are at a premium in the NBA, so it was no surprise they were interested in taking him early. Kingsley, meanwhile, is an incredibly raw prospect. Elite shot-blocking potential, but a year of seasoning as Oscar’s tutee will have him ready to play the following year.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post

                  I don’t think this is going to be another Sharpe situation. Wings of his caliber are at a premium in the NBA, so it was no surprise they were interested in taking him early. Kingsley, meanwhile, is an incredibly raw prospect. Elite shot-blocking potential, but a year of seasoning as Oscar’s tutee will have him ready to play the following year.
                  He’s also 7 ft tall (per most sources) and pretty solidly built—not like Oscar but also not like Daimion. Looks about like Camby in college. Things change on draft boards when potential shows up at UK. Especially potential with size.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Best case scenario he reclassifies, shows up this season and can provide some defensive stopper minutes and is ready to be a key piece of what is shaping up to be special the following year.

                    Worst case is he shows up this season and doesn’t provide significant help but then goes in the later part of the 2023 draft based on potential. Meanwhile his presence while he’s here prevents Cal from locking up someone like Bradshaw and Wagner’s team winds up looking like it was one piece short of a title contender.

                    We’re all fans here and hope for the best. But watching Cal the last few years I can’t rule out the latter.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      I think you’re a little too gun shy on this one. I get it, but I really don’t think it’s necessary.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Sounds like Edwards to UK is pretty much a done deal. Barnes has not been seen at any of Edwards’ recent games, and UT started following other players at the same position for the first time since going hard for Edwards.

                        Very big recruiting win for Cal, if this does indeed go the way it looks like it will.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Further reason to be excited about Edwards: there’s talk that his Peach Jam performance has positioned him to take over the number one ranking in the class.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Happy Justin Edwards day, y’all. Fingers crossed.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Downes Van Zandt View Post
                              Happy Justin Edwards day, y’all. Fingers crossed.
                              The program and Cal need this to come to fruition, would be devastating at this point if he picked UT.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Come on down!

                                Comment

                                 

                                A Word From Our Founder

                                With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

                                Class of 2023 - General Discussion

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X