• Show
Clear All

• Zion Williamson: COMMITTED to... ... ... Duke

Nat'l Rank: #2
    Position: SF
    Height: 6'7"
    Weight: 230
    Offer: Yes

<iframe class="twofourseven-embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameborder="0" width="600" height="200" src="http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Zion-Williamson-at-Spartanburg-Day-School-151221/CurrentExpertPredictions/Embed?SnapShot=636312423889866868"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/Shared/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited by Downes Van Zandt; 05-25-2017, 04:01 PM.

Today, 2018 phenom Zion Williamson posted a new entry to his blog on USA Today High School Sports which includes all of the usual stuff: updates on his game,

Comment

What a surprise.

Comment

By now, everyone has seen the videos of the number 2 player in ESPN's top 60 for the class of 2018, Zion Williamson. He's a freak athlete and his dunks would be

Comment

Stud. Freak. Physical specimen. He has an NBA body right now. I wonder how the rest of his game is because all I am seeing is dunks. Still, I want this kid BAD.
          Isaiah 5:20

Comment

Comment

There may be a war between the Carolina's to land him...I don't think Duke. Maybe he'll surprise me and pick us but if he doesn't no biggy.

Comment

Am I the only one not sold on him? All of his videos look like he is playing against 14 year old chubby white kids. There's no doubt the kid can dunk, but dunking on Wilgus Tolson's team isn't impressive to me. What has he done on the AAU circuit or against tougher competition?

Comment

Team- I mentioned in another thread you can't evaluate him by high school league games because he's a man against boys. With this being his third AAU season at the high school level we will get a better idea... Check out D1 Circuit website for AAU ball updates of the "who's who"

Comment

The early signing period ends today, which begs the question: what's the latest on Zion Williamson? The five-star phenom wowed in his season opener last

Comment

Reported yesterday that Zion Williamson will declare on January 20th. Still appears to be toss-up between Cats and Clemson Tigers. (Note: Williamson has not played since November 21 due to injury.)

Justin Byerly‏ @JustinByerly 12h12 hours ago

Comment

Sure feels like Clemson at this point, unfortunately.

Comment

While I generally agree that I think as long as we get either Wiseman or Zion, next year will be special, I think some of our fans are under-selling what this kid is.

All the eye-popping stuff youre seeing is him out of shape and [email protected]$$ing it. If our staff gets him and gets him bought in to get in shape and be GREAT...he would go down as one of the top 3 or 4 all time talents ever here.

This isnt just any player we're potentially missing on. He could go to Clemson and underwhelm and do whatever he wants and maybe get to the second round of the dance, or come here and chase a title and a legacy with your good friend who is also the best point guard in the class...

Seems like a no-brainer to me but what do I know. Im still confident this is a smoke-screen and we land him, although thats nothing but a gut feeling.

We'll see. I for one really, really, really hope we get him.

Comment

Originally posted by BCO View Post
                            While I generally agree that I think as long as we get either Wiseman or Zion, next year will be special, I think some of our fans are under-selling what this kid is.

All the eye-popping stuff youre seeing is him out of shape and [email protected]$$ing it. If our staff gets him and gets him bought in to get in shape and be GREAT...he would go down as one of the top 3 or 4 all time talents ever here.

This isnt just any player we're potentially missing on. He could go to Clemson and underwhelm and do whatever he wants and maybe get to the second round of the dance, or come here and chase a title and a legacy with your good friend who is also the best point guard in the class...

Seems like a no-brainer to me but what do I know. Im still confident this is a smoke-screen and we land him, although thats nothing but a gut feeling.

We'll see. I for one really, really, really hope we get him.
                            Totally agree.

Comment

I've continued to feel he'll be a Cat as well and certainly hope so. Don't see Wiseman here next year. If a kid and his mom say that reclassifying is not what they want does the "players first" program continue to convince him to reclassify? I guess a part of me is hoping Cal is leaving Wiseman alone with the expectation he's ours in 2019.

This then would leave us needing Zion real bad even if we get some returnees from this year.

I REALLY don't want Duke to have a cakewalk to a title next year! It may be up to us to stop them.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Zion Williamson: COMMITTED to... ... ... Duke

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X