U.S. Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Open

The U.S. Open is scheduled to kick off in the morning. This is one of my favorite PGA tournaments.
    The most important things I've learned in life are those I learned after I knew everything.

USGA has taken a beating in recent years for the setup and some of their rulings but it's certainly a unique event with the qualifiers involved. Really wide fairways this year supposedly favors the "bombers."

Comment

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
      USGA has taken a beating in recent years for the setup and some of their rulings but it's certainly a unique event with the qualifiers involved. Really wide fairways this year supposedly favors the "bombers."
      It'll be interesting to see what Dustin, J.B., Bubba and company do with the wider fairways.
      The most important things I've learned in life are those I learned after I knew everything.

Comment

At the end of round one, Rickie Fowler has a one stroke lead. J.B. is four strokes back.

Comment

Big advantage for the bombers hasn't come to fruition. I like the way it's going though. Hope JB can negotiate Sunday's predicted winds.

Comment

There are four atop the leaderboard heading into round three. J.B. and Rickie are one stroke back. Several of the long knockers, such as Bubba, Dustin Johnson and Rory, failed to make the cut.

Comment

Wow! Justin Thomas is......decent.

Comment

The end of round three finds Brian Harman all alone at the top. Three others (Justin Thomas, Brooks Koepka and Tommy Fleetwood) trail by a single stroke with Rickie Fowler just two strokes back. Several others could claim the top spot if the top five falter.

Comment

The final round saw Brooks Keopka take home the trophy. The Ky. connection of Justin Thomas and J.B. Holmes finished eight and nine strokes back respectively.

Comment

I have never heard of the winner. I guess that shows how much I keep up with golf nowdays.
                    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post
                      I have never heard of the winner. I guess that shows how much I keep up with golf nowdays.
                      Actually, he's not exactly a hh name, Kevin. He plays in most of the tournaments, but doesn't win very many. He does, however, finish in the money most of the time when he makes the cut. I believe he's currently ranked fifth in the FedEx Cup standings. There does seem to be a trend that more and more of the tournaments are being won by lesser profile golfers.

Comment

U.S. Open

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X