U.S. Open

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Open

In just a little over 30 min. one of my favorite tournaments, the U.S. Open, will be teeing off.
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Treacherous conditions out there. Some big #'s coming in with the wind. The best golfers in the world don't much like it when a course makes them look foolish. Haven't heard any post-round comments yet to know what they're saying.

Comment

Four players begin the second round today tied for the lead at one under. Jason Dufner shot even par. Everyone else was in black figures. As Catsrock previously stated, the wind wrecked havoc with play yesterday.
      Last edited by Matt Dillon; 06-15-2018, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Wind also destroyed a hospitality tent or two earlier in the week. Fortunately no one was in them.
        I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio. Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post
          Wind also destroyed a hospitality tent or two earlier in the week. Fortunately no one was in them.
          Is bad food or hospitality the reason no one was in them at the time?
          Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinHall View Post

Is bad food or hospitality the reason no one was in them at the time?
            lol.
            I could tell that my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio. Rodney Dangerfield

Comment

After two rounds, Dustin Johnson has the lead at four under. He's the only player under par.

Comment

The cut was +7. Now it's the weekend at the US Open. I hope the USGA learned something last time it was at Shinnecock. If they double cut the greens 1st thing in the morning and don't throw water on them over night it could get ugly again and they'll catch a lot of flack.

The "best test in golf" doesn't have to be unfair. It should reward stellar play.

Comment

Several guys under par for the day so far. Must not be playing too tough.

Comment

Wow. Phil just lost his cool. Putted one too hard, jogged down and hit his next putt before the first one stopped rolling. I thought that was immediate DQ but apparently just a 2 stroke penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
                      Wow. Phil just lost his cool. Putted one too hard, jogged down and hit his next putt before the first one stopped rolling. I thought that was immediate DQ but apparently just a 2 stroke penalty.
                      I just saw that. My man isn't having a good day, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

I just saw that. My man isn't having a good day, to say the least.
                        Greens have dried out. Wind has picked up. Zach Johnson just said they've lost the course. Just like last time it was here. Will be some big #'s coming in. Embarrassing for the USGA if so. They should know how to put on a tournament.

Comment

Going into the final round, Daniel Berger, Tony Finau, Brooks Koepka and Dustin Johnson are all tied for the lead at three over par. A host of others are within easy striking distance.

Comment

I like when the course is tough. These are the best players in the world,who are making millions of dollars to play golf. They need to figure out ways to adapt to the conditions, not whine about how hard it is.

Comment

Brooks Koepka wins it with a score of one over par. There won't be many times a score of over par wins a PGA Tour tournament.

Comment

U.S. Open

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X