PGA Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGA Championship

Another biggie, the PGA Championship, tees off in the morning.
    Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Probably the least interesting major of the year for me. Between the Open Championship and the Master's, this one kind of gets forgotten. I also just learned that starting next year, it'll be moved to May.
    "Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." -Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
      Probably the least interesting major of the year for me. Between the Open Championship and the Master's, this one kind of gets forgotten. I also just learned that starting next year, it'll be moved to May.
      Of the four Majors this one is third on my list - ahead of the US Open. If The Players Championship were added to the mix, the PGA would become 4th.

My interest in it is higher when it's here in Louisville. Was here in 1996, 2000 and 2014. Will return in 2021. It was also the site of the Junior PGA Championship over a week ago.
      I've attended all of the PGA Championships and both Senior PGA Championships at Valhalla. Great course to walk an event.
      I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Doesn't carry the historical prestige of other majors. The players seem a bit less stressed for it. But any time the best players in the world enter an event I am very interested. I love this tournament. Also the last big individual competition for 8 months unless the playoffs really interest you. Can't beat the upcoming Ryder Cup for excitement but golf is at its heart an individual sport.

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post

Of the four Majors this one is third on my list - ahead of the US Open. If The Players Championship were added to the mix, the PGA would become 4th.

My interest in it is higher when it's here in Louisville. Was here in 1996, 2000 and 2014. Will return in 2021. It was also the site of the Junior PGA Championship over a week ago.
          I've attended all of the PGA Championships and both Senior PGA Championships at Valhalla. Great course to walk an event.
          Yeah, the event being local is more interesting to me than normally, but catsrock is right, it lacks the historical prestige. I'd rather see the Players Championship at Sawgrass as a major. I can't imagine moving it to May will help it either - I believe TPC is moving to March.

Comment

The move wasn't to benefit the tournament. It was to more compress the season with regard to the majors. Benefited the players significantly. The TPC is returning to the approximate date it had until around 2005 or so.
            I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Gary Woodland is the first round leader.

Comment

Round two play was suspended due to inclement weather. Play is set to resume, on TNT, this morning at 8:00 a.m. E.S.T.

Comment

Brooks Koepka holds a two stroke lead, over Adam Scott, heading into today's final round. A host of others are still in contention including Tiger and Justin Thomas who are four back.

Comment

Brooks Koepka is the winner. Tiger finished second and was a putt that hung on the rim and wouldn't drop and one that rimmed out from forcing a playoff. Click on the link below to see both putts.

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status...80715389771777

Comment

Tiger is back to playing phenomenal golf. I don't think he breaks Jack's record, but I think he gets at least one more, which is more than I thought back in April.

Comment

I recorded it and watched later. Amazing that Tiger still had a shot with all of the sprayed drives.

Koepka's win should quiet those who have been dismissive of his previous 2 US Open wins as anomalies. The guy was dialed in all week his approach shots to the green.

Comment

I don't like Brooks Koepka much, and don't care if he has a chip on his shoulder.

Yesterday was all about Tiger Woods, as it should've been. Dude looked like he rewound the clock to 2004 and I loved every single second of it.

Comment

I don't know anything about Brooks Koepka. I wondered if Tiger could stay healthy for longer than 2 weeks, and he has stayed that way for the year. He looks as good as he has since the early-mid 00's. The quality of the PGA has caught up though. 10 years ago, this Tiger Woods would've won 2 majors this season.

It bodes well for next year, though.

Comment

I don't know much about Koepka either. But to have names like Woods, Scott and Thomas chasing you and pull of some of the shots he did certainly deserves respect.

Comment

PGA Championship

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X