PGA Championship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catfaninin View Post
    I don't know much about Koepka either. But to have names like Woods, Scott and Thomas chasing you and pull of some of the shots he did certainly deserves respect.
    He's won 2 consecutive US Opens and a PGA Championship. The guy is a darn good golfer but pretty anonymous for a guy with 3 majors.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post

He's won 2 consecutive US Opens and a PGA Championship. The guy is a darn good golfer but pretty anonymous for a guy with 3 majors.
      So many guys who are really good right now. Plus Tiger's comeback. Has made it easy for him to be the unknown who keeps beating them all.

Comment

Originally posted by catfaninin View Post

So many guys who are really good right now. Plus Tiger's comeback. Has made it easy for him to be the unknown who keeps beating them all.
        Agreed. The PGA is much better than it was a decade ago - Spieth, Koepka, Jason day, Rory, Justin Thomas, Ricky Fowler, just a whole bunch of guys who are really, really good.

Comment

Woods related how tough it is to beat someone like Koepka. He said it's hard to beat someone who can carry a driver 340 yards. He noted the number of players who are able to use length to their advantage - Dustin Johnson, Rory and others. That's the way Tiger beat down the field in his prime - so much so that courses began making changes in an effort to "Tiger proof" them. New guard slowly replacing the old guard.
          I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post
            Woods related how tough it is to beat someone like Koepka. He said it's hard to beat someone who can carry a driver 340 yards. He noted the number of players who are able to use length to their advantage - Dustin Johnson, Rory and others. That's the way Tiger beat down the field in his prime - so much so that courses began making changes in an effort to "Tiger proof" them. New guard slowly replacing the old guard.
            In a tournament recently, players were routinely hitting it 400 yards on a par 5 and putting themselves almost into Eagle territory.

Meanwhile if I drive it 225 and put it close to the fairway I'm happy.

Comment

PGA Championship

Collapse
            Working...
            X