The Open Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Open Championship

The Open tees off, in the morning, at 1:35 A.M. E.S.T.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Tiger's got problems.

1st tee pulled his tee shot into the rough and appeared to be in some discomfort. Even through first 4 holes, then proceeds to go +6 over the next 6 holes.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

J.B. leads it after one.

Comment

Home boy Darrin Clarke plays at even par up to the 18th hole. Cut is +1. Clarke ends up triple bogeying 18 to miss the cut by 2.

Clarke has always been among my favorite European golfers, mostly because he used to smoke cigars while playing (before he went through a "healthy phase"). Now the only one who does regularly is Miguel Angel Jiminez.
        I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day. Frank Sinatra

Comment

J.B. now tied, for the lead, with Shane Lowry.

Comment

Lowry now sits alone atop the leaderboard. J.B. has now slipped to third place six strokes back.

Comment

Yep. Local guy last pace today. Needs to go low tomorrow.

Comment

Lowry wins it.

Comment

JB had a rough day, to say the least.
                  And he'd go out on the weekend and he played like Clarence White,
                  if Clarence had had a real job and picked the guitar when there was time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                    JB had a rough day, to say the least.
                    Yup. And Koepka's patience was growing thin with JB's slow play. At one point, Koepka looked over at an official and tapped his imaginary watch.

Comment

Originally posted by surveyor View Post

Yup. And Koepka's patience was growing thin with JB's slow play. At one point, Koepka looked over at an official and tapped his imaginary watch.
                      Continually losing your ball will have that effect, lol.

Comment

Have to say, I'm not a fan of the PGA championship being moved to May. Major season is over now and has essentially been in the states since June.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schrute View Post
                          Have to say, I'm not a fan of the PGA championship being moved to May. Major season is over now and has essentially been in the states since June.
                          Agreed. Shortens interest in the season. It does make the Fedex Cup Playoffs more of interest now, I guess.

Comment

The Open Championship

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X