U. S. Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U. S. Open

The U. S. Open began this morning. It's being played on the West coast so it may not be over until I've gone to bed. This is the only one Phil needs for the Grand Slam, but with each passing year his chances are more remote.
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Louis Oosthuizen and Russell Henley are tied for the lead after one.
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Oosthuizen, Henley and Mackenzie Hughes share the lead heading into today's final round.

Comment

Rahm for the win, with two amazing putts to close out a heck of a day. Nice story all around. Happy for him.

Comment

Glad Koepka and DeChambeau didn’t win. I’m pretty patriotic in golf but I’ve had enough of them fighting like a couple of 7 year olds. And I don’t agree with Koepka that that’s good for the game. For 200 years it’s been a gentleman’s game of mutual respect. Not up to him to decide it needs to be something different for the next generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
            Glad Koepka and DeChambeau didn’t win. I’m pretty patriotic in golf but I’ve had enough of them fighting like a couple of 7 year olds. And I don’t agree with Koepka that that’s good for the game. For 200 years it’s been a gentleman’s game of mutual respect. Not up to him to decide it needs to be something different for the next generation.
            Interesting that you bring this up, Catsrock. Last week a buddy and I were golfing and this very same thing came up. We were talking about how it used to be a gentleman's game. A game governed by manners and etiquette. It's even a different breed of fan you see in the gallery these days.

Comment

Jon Rahm won the tournament by one stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dillon View Post

It's even a different breed of fan you see in the gallery these days.
                Im so, so tired of guys yelling “IT’S IN THE HOLE!!!” every time a player putts. I wish officials would find those guys, pick them up by their belt loops, and toss them onto the parking lot.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

U. S. Open

Collapse
                Working...
                X