Ryder Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryder Cup

Where you at Matt Dillon? I absolutely love the Ryder Cup! I get very patriotic this week. US off to a fantastic start—currently up 5-1

Originally posted by Catsrock View Post
    Where you at Matt Dillon? I absolutely love the Ryder Cup! I get very patriotic this week. US off to a fantastic start—currently up 5-1
    I hate to disappoint you, Catsrock, but I'm not a fan of the Cup or any competition that is an individual sport that becomes a team sport. Also, I don't like all-star games no matter the sport or the level of play. That's just weird ole me. I did see a clip of Spieth's unbelievable chip which was an amazing feat.
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

Not disappointed MD because each to his own. But I do feel you’re missing out on something awesome. There’s no parallel to all star games where the players don’t give a crap. The emotions displayed by the players and the energy in the crowd show the Ryder Cup means a lot to everyone there. Perhaps because it’s the rare opportunity for individuals to play for a team and for country/continent pride seems to increase the competitive drive of the players. Having been to a couple of PGA championships and one Ryder Cup (all at Valhalla) I can assure you there’s no comparison of the energy there in person between the different events.

Comment

The Ryder Cup turned into a blowout of historic proportions. Fun for me to watch but no drama down the stretch as the next wave of American stars have replaced the Tiger/Phil/Furyk generation.

Comment

One of the more exciting and enjoyable Ryder Cups in a while.
          Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left.

Clint Eastwood

Comment

^^
            Not the Ryder Cup but planning a trip with some friends next year to Charlotte for the President's Cup.

Love to see us beat the Europeans any time we can.

Comment

I wouldn’t describe this years event as the most exciting because there was no real drama at the end. But a low stress win is mighty fun! Would love to see another this Saturday in Kroger field.

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Ryder Cup

Collapse
              Working...
              X