Anders Nelson Resigns Position; Accepts Vandy Head Coaching Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anders Nelson Resigns Position; Accepts Vandy Head Coaching Job

LEXINGTON, Ky. – Kentucky Volleyball associate head coach Anders Nelson resigned his position at UK on Friday, announcing that he has accepted the head coaching job at Vanderbilt, becoming the first head coach of the reinstated program for the Commodores, who begin play in the fall of 2025.

Nelson has been with Kentucky for a total of 11 seasons and he just completed his seventh as associate head coach in 2022. His main responsibilities with UK include working with the middle blockers and serving as UK’s defensive coordinator, camp coordinator and scouting among other duties.

He has been a part of all six SEC championships in Craig Skinner’s tenure and was integral in the recruiting and development of the 2020 NCAA National Championship team at Kentucky.

He was a lead force in helping Kentucky to garner the No. 1 overall recruiting class in 2019, while also putting together top-10 ranked classes according to PrepVolleyball in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020 and 2023.

Anders Nelson Resigns Position; Accepts Vandy Head Coaching Job – UK Athletics
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

He is certainly leaving some huge shoes for someone to fill.
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

My daughter went to a UK Volleyball camp the summer after they won the championship. All the coaches were great, but Anders stood out to me. Just a great teacher. Vanderbilt got a good one.

Comment

He has the opportunity to build the Vandy program from the ground up.
        John 3:3

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Anders Nelson Resigns Position; Accepts Vandy Head Coaching Job

Collapse
        Working...
        X