Estep-in’: Kentucky Delivers Run Rule Victory over Tennessee Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Estep-in’: Kentucky Delivers Run Rule Victory over Tennessee Tech

LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Kentucky baseball team is getting good at this walk-off win thing.

For the second time in as many games, the Wildcats rushed the field after scoring the winning run its final at-bat, albeit in an unconventional way in Tuesday's wet 13-3, seven-inning victory over Tennessee Tech. The game was called as a 10-run rule that the teams agreed upon before the contest.

Zeke Lewis capped a six-run seventh inning with a three-run double to left field, sending the dugout streaming onto the field as Chase Estep slid safely across the plate. It was the Wildcats' 27th consecutive win over non-Power Five conference opponents, the longest such current streak in the Southeastern Conference.

Estep, a freshman from Corbin, Kentucky, had a breakout game despite not being in the starting lineup. He drilled the first home run of his collegiate career in the sixth inning, a no-doubt line drive into the right field bullpen, before drawing a walk and racing home from first with the winning run.

https://ukathletics.com/news/2020/2/...ssee-tech.aspx
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

I saw this win and I'm happy our CATS are getting a solid offense to together. I doubt the pitching they're facing is great, but they can always get better taking batting practice.
    John 3:3

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Estep-in’: Kentucky Delivers Run Rule Victory over Tennessee Tech

Collapse
    Working...
    X