Swamp Things: Sean Harney Dazzles as Kentucky Takes Finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swamp Things: Sean Harney Dazzles as Kentucky Takes Finale

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Sean Harney took the ball and twirled seven shutdown innings, giving Kentucky exactly what it needed in an 8-1 victory over Florida in the series finale at Condron Ballpark on Sunday afternoon.

Harney yielded just one run in a UK career-best 7.0 innings, lowering his earned run average to 2.82. Tyler Guilfoil struck out five in two innings of relief to slam the door and keep the Cats (24-20, 7-14 SEC) alive in the race for the Southeastern Conference Tournament.

Junior infielder Chase Estep smoked a line single to open the game and notch his 100th career hit, making him the 56th player in school history to accomplish the feat. Ryan Ritter singled to leave him with 99 career hits, on shy of joining Estep. Jake Plastiak belted his 12th homer of the season off the top of the batter's eye and John Thrasher lined his first in blue out to left field before Adam Fogel delivered the knockout punch with a two-run shot in the ninth.

Swamp Things: Sean Harney Dazzles as Kentucky Takes Finale - University of Kentucky Athletics (ukathletics.com)
    "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

I don't remember seeing Harney pitch but Guilfoil is becoming a difference maker on the mound,
    John 3:3

Comment

Correct me if wrong…not every school qualifies for the conference tourney?

Comment

Originally posted by CATHYnKY View Post
        I think that's true.
        John 3:3

Comment

Originally posted by CATHYnKY View Post
          Apparently not per an excerpt I copied from a Sea Of Blue article I posted this morning.

As for the SEC Baseball Tournament, the Cats will need to be in the top 12 in the standing in order to make it to Hoover, Alabama. As of right now, the Cats are tied with Mississippi State to be on the outside looking in which makes this weekend even more important.
          "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it behooves us all not to talk about the rest of us." Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

A Word From Our Founder

With the recent discussion of rules and what is and is not posted I set out to find what our mission statement originally was and this is what I found:...

Swamp Things: Sean Harney Dazzles as Kentucky Takes Finale

Collapse
          Working...
          X