Football Question # 12.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Question # 12.

On a free kick, K1 drives the ball immediately into the ground. The ball strikes the ground once and goes into the air in the manner of a ball kicked directly off the tee. R2 signals for and makes a fair catch.

A. Dead ball foul.
    B. Live ball foul.
    C. No problem.
    John 3:3

I will make a guess of C.

Comment

"C"
      Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

I will be different and go with B. I'm not sure you can make a fair catch after the ball hits the ground.
        Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
          On a free kick, K1 drives the ball immediately into the ground. The ball strikes the ground once and goes into the air in the manner of a ball kicked directly off the tee. R2 signals for and makes a fair catch.

A. Dead ball foul.
          B. Live ball foul.
          C. No problem.
          I will say A

Comment

I have no clue, but I will go C.

Comment

The correct answer to question # 12,
              is C for NCAA, and A for HS.

RULE 6; Kicks.

SECTION 4. Opportunity To Catch a Kick Interference With Opportunity.

ARTICLE 1.
              a.
              If an inbounds player of the receiving team is located where he could catch a free kick or a scrimmage kick that has crossed the neutral zone, and if he is attempting to do so, he must be given an unimpeded opportunity to catch the kick.

f. During a free kick a player of the receiving team in position to receive the ball has the same kick-catch and fair-catch protection whether the ball is kicked directly off the tee or is immediately driven to the ground, strikes the ground once and goes into the air in the manner of the ball kicked directly off the tee.
              John 3:3

Comment

Football Question # 12.

Collapse
              Working...
              X