Football Question # 15.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Question # 15.

K1's onside kick is in flight 14 yards beyond team K's free-kick line when K2 catches it.

A. Legal play. It's team K's ball at the spot of recovery.
    B. Legal play. But only if no team R player is in position to catch the ball.
    C. Legal play regardless if a team R player is in position to catch the ball.
    D. Kick-catch interference on K1 under any circumstance.
    John 3:3

I will go with A.
    Kentucky fan since 1971.

Comment

"A"
      Before you abuse, criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
        K1's onside kick is in flight 14 yards beyond team K's free-kick line when K2 catches it.

A. Legal play. It's team K's ball at the spot of recovery.
        B. Legal play. But only if no team R player is in position to catch the ball.
        C. Legal play regardless if a team R player is in position to catch the ball.
        D. Kick-catch interference on K1 under any circumstance.
        I will say A

Comment

I will go with A&C

Comment

I go a and c also

Comment

The correct answer to question # 15,

is B for NCAA, and D for HS.

RULE 6 Kicks.

SECTION 1. Free Kicks.
              ARTICLE 3.

a. No Team A player may touch a free-kicked ball until after:
              1. It touches a Team B player (Exception: Rules 6-1-4 and 6-5-1-b);
              2. It breaks the plane of and remains beyond Team B’s restraining line (Exception: Rule 6-4-1) (A.R. 2-12-5-I); or
              3. It touches any player, the ground, an official or anything else beyond Team B’s restraining line. Thereafter, all players of Team A become eligible to touch, recover or catch the kick.

ARTICLE 6.
              a.
              If a free kick is caught or recovered by a player of the receiving team, the ball continues in play (Exceptions: Rules 4-1-3-g, 6-1-7, and 6-5-1 and 2). If caught or recovered by a player of the kicking team, the ball becomes dead. The ball belongs to the receiving team at the dead-ball spot, unless the kicking team is in legal possession when the ball is declared dead. In the latter case, the ball belongs to the kicking team.
              b. When opposing players, each eligible to touch the ball, simultaneously recover a rolling kick or catch a free kick, the simultaneous possession makes the ball dead.
              c. A kick declared dead in joint possession is awarded to the receiving team.

Comment

So this was for a free kick rather than an onside kick? Am I reading something wrong?

Comment

Well........lol.

Comment

An onside kick is a free kick. Remember the question referred an onside kick in flight.

Comment

So it is this part- "It touches any player, the ground, an official or anything else beyond Team B’s restraining line." that makes the play in the question illegal?

Interesting as I had always assumed once it went over 10 yards it was a live ball regardless if it had touched anything.

Guess learning something new is the whole point of this.

Comment

Correct. But don't get this confused with a scrimmage kick. This is a free kick that since the ball was kicked, it hasn't touched the ground or anybody.

Comment

Football Question # 15.

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X